View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Encapsulated Vs Dissolved chemical

Torresmo

Bluelighter
I was reading a thread (Big n Dandy 2C-P) in which someone said that consuming the compound dissolved in liquid gives you a much smoother come up and easier body load and side effects in general. Anyone else agrees with that? For which kind of substance?

I always eat my drugs inside capsules, mainly to avoid the taste, so I really don't know.

Edit: This is about ORAL ROA, BTW!

Sounds like pseudoscience tbh. The contents of the capsule will be dissolved and dispersed in your stomach prior to absorption, which is essentially the same thing. Especially if you're washing your caps down with a mouthful of water/any kind of liquid really.

The only way you could really get a smother comeup while still taking it orally would be to eat a small amount of food prior to taking the cap. Will slow down digestion/movement of the capsule and contents into your upper digestive tract, hopefully allowing the contents to be absorbed at a more gradual rate. This is also nothing more than broscience :p

Solutions of drugs are generally absorbed slightly more rapidly than dry powder in caplets (or pressed tablets), but not by so much as to actually affect the pharmacokinetics to any extent.The same amount of drug is going to get absorbed either way, and at approximately the same time, because most drugs aren't absorbed in the stomach but rather further down the gastric yellow brick road.

With the possible exception of some very poorly water soluble drugs, of which the 2Cs are not, bioavailibility/effects/speed of absorbtion won't change with solution vs powder vs pill, because your stomach & upper intestine secrete a variety of liquids that will dissolve the drugs and cause pills to disintegrate. And most drugs are typically taken with liquids, not dry swallowed, anyway... Capsules should dissolve pretty quickly if they're of good quality, and even if they're not you can always puncture them a few times before eating them.

Personally, I prefer to dissolve chems in a drink (usually fruit juice) in most cases, mainly because I started out by volumetrically dosing pretty much everything when I first got into RCs. In my experience, it can smoothen out a come up if you drink slowly (if you down it stuff tends to come on a little faster if anything). I tend to neck solutions containing stuff like 4-aco-dmt and other tryptamines which can have an anxiogenic effect during the come up because I prefer not to drag it out. However, with stuff like mescaline which can cause nausea or other negative body load during the come up (especially if, like mescaline, it takes a few hours to come up in any case), consuming it slowly (i.e. over the course of an hour or so) in a drink definitely seems to mitigate body load in my experience.