• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

enantioresolution of 2-fluoromethamphetamine or similar

Tryptamite

Bluelighter
Has anyone tried using tartaric acid to separate the dextro and levo isomers of 2-flouromethamphetamine?

Like methamphetamine I imagine the levo enantiomer to be either inactive or producing unwanted adrenergic effects.

I value 2FMA as a smooth anxiolytic functional stimulant and imagine the enantiopure dextro form would be more desirable, and probably require a smaller dose to achieve similar effects.

Having only a gram at hand I will wait to proceed until I have a little more to play with as mechanical losses always tend to eat into the yield especially with small batches.

In the mean time however, without getting into synth talk, I would like to hear peoples opinions or experiences on this matter.

It seems chances are pretty decent that there will be a difference in how the isomers crystallize with L-tartaric acid. If anything, you might expect the difference in temperature range to be smaller which would mean it would take more iterations to get the job done. Although if the difference gets too small it will make it unworkable for the average DIY-er, depending on skill and equipment of course.

Get at least 10 times what you have now, or nearly IMO.

I have no specific experience but I might personally be interested in performing this on just some regular amphetamine.

lol, I wonder who would ever be interested in (pure) L-amphetamine... do those people exist?

Is there software to calculate / predict the iirc Gibbs free energy for crystal formation that would be an indication for the differences and thus for this procedure?

You should be able to use tartaric acid to make a salt of one enantiomer... check the patent literature!