• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Empathy and strangers

jolan

Bluelighter
Can anyone think about their own experience of MDMA and empathy and kindly give me their opinion on this:
I understand that empathy is heightened when taking MDMA but although maybe rare, I wondered if this sort of scenario could be at all possible: An extremely kind, very happy and friendly person, who had recently lost their wallet, helps someone who has lost their wallet - Is it at all possible that the helper, who understands from experience what the stranger is feeling, could feel as much empathy even for a moment or two (as they would having taken MDMA)?

Thank you, J

maybe if they find the wallet and it had a winning lottery ticket inside and he offered to split it.

edit: Yes though, i think its possible.

one thing, oddly enough having had the same experience as someone else can just as easily diminish empathy as enhance it

if we have had the same lived scenario, that could wrongly lead me to believe that my experience of that scenario was like yours, when in fact it could be completely different

it's the most common misunderstanding regarding empathy

Well I’ve definitely dropped everything im doing while rolling to help others, I’ve even spent entire rolls doing just this..

Often it’s a confused face wandering the crowd that needs help finding their people. But definitely seen the entire crowd pull out their phones turn on the light and start searching to help someone find something.

I love MDMA.

-GC

So what you wanna know is if the level of empathy one has on MDMA can be replicated in a real life scenario without MDMA involvement?

I dunno man, it’s possible.