View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ego Death on AL-LAD?

NeoLid

Bluelighter
Hello, so I was wondering what dose of AL-LAD you guys think would cause ego-death. The most I've done was 225ug and that was mostly visuals but I know with most psychedelics the effects are exponentially greater then the increased dose. I'm trying to push the trip as strong as it can get without ego death, I feel like I'm not ready for ego death yet, I experienced it once on 5mg of 25B-NBome and that kinda of scared me away from psychedelics, so Im slowly trying to get back into it. I was thinking of doing 450mic, that's double my previous dosage, I've read report of people having ego death on 600ug, but I don't know about 450ug. What do you guys think? Will 450ug of AL-LAD cause ego death? Will I still be able to stay in control during the trip?

I don't know if 600ug of AL-LAD will give you ego-death, but it can make you feel like you've lost it, and you need to be very relaxed about that feeling if you don't want things to go south.

To put it in clearer terms, you can stay in control as long as you fully accept that you are seemingly not in control. Assume the role of a neutral observer, rather than the subject of the drug's whims. In the words of the wise Dr. Gonzo - don't try to fight it.

At all times, remain aware that your mind is playing tricks on you, that there's nothing you can do about it, and that even though it doesn't feel like the condition is temporary, it is exactly that. If you can maintain this attitude, nothing can phase you, and reflecting on how the drug messes with your thought process and cognition gets really interesting.

I don't think you need to worry about ego death on AL-LAD. I didn't even have ego death on 750 mics of LSD, though I did get pretty high. Actually, I never had anything that I would call ego death ever. When I get too high I just think that I created the universe and that I'm responsible for holding it together, which is scary because I don't think I'm up to that kind of responsibility and that I will screw the universe up with my incompetence at controlling my thoughts and falling victim to fear and panic. I never felt like my identity was lost or whatever though. I still felt like me just that I was all that actually existed and I had formed the physical universe through some kind of elaborate trick and that because I took a powerful drug the trick wasn't working anymore and therefore the extinction of the universe was imminent.

I had an ego death with ~50mg of MXE and 150ug of Al-Lad - by far the most profound drug experience of my life.

You can't really predict ego-death easily: I've had complete ego loss on two tabs of al-lad (death seems the wrong term because there was no trauma in the transition) - though most times i've taken two and the time i took 3 i haven't had this and knew exactly who i was all the way through. The time i had the ego-loss i was on my own, which i think had something to do with it (less distraction to keep the ego going). As i said, for me with al-lad, there was none of the trauma or feeling of dying i sometimes have with psychedelic ego-death (especially mushrooms), i didn't really notice the transition until it was over, and it felt positive all the way through (ymmv).

What I'm worried about the most is staying in control, with my ego death on 25B-NBome I was running around the house and shit and woke everyone up. That's mostly what I'm trying to avoid.

450 al-lad will be extremely challenging. I imagine you'll be running round the house naked save for one sock.

Ego death is not dose dependent. It can be achieved sans drugs. It's simply a state of mind. If you're not attempting to achieve it, you're not going to have true ego death, it'd more likely resemble a panic attack. The one time I achieved an ego death on any substance(s) it was a rather moderate to slightly above average dose BUT, I was in the right mindset.

I honestly despise the talk of "ego death" without fully comprehending what it means by those who haven't even attempted achieving it while sober.