• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

efforvescent solpadol 30/500

freddie72

Greenlighter
Hi, I have 30/500 effervescent solpadol and would like to remove as much of the paracetamol as possible so I can get better pain control with extra codeine. I have read that the paracetamol in effervescent tabs is soluble but isn't the paracetamol in regular tablets soluble aswell? Hence the reason for cooling to bring the paracetamol back to a solid, wouldn't this be true for effervescent also? Another question, is there a way to reduce the sodium content of the effervescent solpadol? I noticed when the effervescent tabs are dissolved there is a 'sludge' at the bottom of the glass if it is left standing for a few minutes, any ideas what this will be? Would it be worthwhile filtering it out? Questions questions!! Cheers .

Hi, welcome to Bluelight! I am not familiar with the effervescent tablets. Hopefully, someone has experience with these and can help you out.
(Homeless -------- > Basic Drug Discussion)

I'm sure I've heard you can't use the effervescent ones for a CWE. It just won't work. You're better off using them as prescribed your doctor than risking it.

Also it doesn't really matter how much codeine you have, it depends on how well the enzyme CYP2D6 in your liver works responsible for converting codeine into morphine. If you lack activity in this enzyme you'll get little to no pain relief/effect. That's why codeine isn't regularly used alone and is combined with paracetamol, as codeine isn't a very good pain reliever on it's own. Everyone is different. So if you're finding 30/500 x2 (normal dose) 60mg codeine is not providing pain relief then you probably lack activity in that enzyme unless you're a long-term user of codeine, and you've now built a tolerance to that dose.

^ yeah, the effervescent ones are specially designed to disperse evenly in water so they're basically useless for CWE
there's probably a way to extract the codeine but i don't know what it is.