• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Effexor

funkm8sterflex

Bluelighter
Does anyone know anything about Effexor and if it works? I’ve been on it 75mg in jail and then up to 150mg XR now I’m on 225mg XR and was wondering if I will ever start to feel it working? It’s been about 3-4 months now and I don’t feel like it’s helping me I saw somewhere online that it starts working on dopamine at doses higher than 225mg. I’m at a sober living and have to do some time here (a program) and I was thinking about mabe just leaving and getting some actual meth or something. As of right now I’m gonna have a buddy go to the store for me and get me a few shots of alcohol to kick back for today, and it doesn’t stay in your system long as I have drug tests. Anyone have any information on this?

Last edited:
yes, i reached a dose of 225mg on effexor (venlafaxine), which was my sweet spot, or i could have gone higher if it wasn't for the sweating (i work in a kitchen)

it was very helpful for me, reduced my anxiety significantly and also helped with my depression

some people are fast metabolisers of venlafaxine and there is a blood test you can get done at the dr to check

even so, some people are prescribed up to about 400mg

i switched to pristiq (desvenlafaxine), 100mg, which is the equivalent to 225mg effexor.

because of the sweating with effexor, with pristiq many people report fewer side effects, as it is the metabolite of effexor, with less of the peripheral actions.

and i'm doing well on 75mg now, and the sweating is not as bad.

Ok thanks for the reply. How fast did it start working when you were on the 225mg cuz I just started that dose like 3 days ago.

Ok cool. Thanks for the reply. I’ll give it some time and see how it goes. Mabe I’ll increase it more if needed. Looking for something to get high on now but I’m stuck at a sober living so I’ll see what I can do.