• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Effexor XR and Pupil Dilation?

Supeudol

Bluelighter
Does anyone else get this with SSRI's, or SNRI's? Or Antidepressants period? Effexor XR seems to be a harsh one for causing Mydriasis. I am on 150mg/day, and have been at this dosage for about 2 months or so now, but have been on Effexor XR for about a year now.

I don't know if this could be benzodiazepine withdrawal as well? I constantly look 'bug eyed' though, and it's quite bothersome.

Other meds I am currently on:

Lyrica 150mg BID
Metoprolol 50mg BID
Clonidine 0.1mg BID
Trazodone 100mg QHS

I don't know wtf is going on, I constantly am getting like migraine headaches as well as diarrhea, and I have been off Opioids for over a week now. I am assuming Benzo w/d can also cause diarrhea and dilated pupils too? I'm sorry about posting a similar thread to my old one, I just fear that something else is wrong. I just feel totally not right. This Benzo/Opioid detox is the worst one yet, fluctuations in blood pressure, feeling dizzy and disorientated, holy fuck. 8(

Dilated pupils is a common symptom of Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Syndrome and Opiod Withdrawal Syndrome

Diarrhea is a common symptom of Opiod Withdrawal Syndrome, and sometimes Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Syndrome

I don't have personal experience with it, but I would be careful with Effexor. I know someone who said that coming off of that is HORRIBLE. They said they heard voices in their head telling them to kill themselves. She's a nurse and has a dislike for the drug so much that she claim's it's so bad it should be taken off the market.

I had very dilated pupils when I took Effexor! I started it when I was in my senior year of High School. I was so embarrassed that people thought I was messed up on drugs. I had a very bad experience with this medication. And a lot of people I have asked said the very same exact thing. IMO that drug is horrible, Zoloft works just fine for me (when I take it of course) :p

I know this is WAY a dead thread already. But it's relevant to what I'm currently going through. Someone gave me some sort of "mystery bag" of prescription randoms for my opiate detox and a few of them ended up being Metoprolol. I took a couple just after seeing that it was used to threat anxiety. Didn't bother to click on the (....) Or the side effect section which is on the hefty side and whoa ALL very negative reactions/effects. Alas, once my negative symptoms began, then I finally took a look at all that fine print. And may I just say: damn. Metoprolol bites the big one. Side note: I concur, Effexor should most definitely be avoided. I had a script. Nothing but suicidal ideation and psychiatric meltdowns.

I know this is WAY a dead thread already. But it's relevant to what I'm currently going through. Someone gave me some sort of "mystery bag" of prescription randoms for my opiate detox and a few of them ended up being Metoprolol. I took a couple just after seeing that it was used to threat anxiety. Didn't bother to click on the (....) Or the side effect section which is on the hefty side and whoa ALL very negative reactions/effects. Alas, once my negative symptoms began, then I finally took a look at all that fine print. And may I just say: damn. Metoprolol bites the big one. Side note: I concur, Effexor should most definitely be avoided. I had a script. Nothing but suicidal ideation and psychiatric meltdowns.
I disagree. It worked good for me. Alot of people agree with me: https://www.drugs.com/comments/venlafaxine/effexor-xr-for-anxiety.html

And no problem getting off it either.