• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Effexor reaction with cocaine and alcohol?!

Benzobaby24

Greenlighter
How would cocaine and alcohol together react with venlafaxine 75mg extended release?

Extreme blood pressure, tachycardia, stroke, death, heart attack are all definite possibilities with this mix.

Cocaine is cardiotoxic by itself and can cause a heart arrhythmia. Adding alcohol creates a different substance called cocaethyline which can also make you sick. I had a friend who always needed to drink vodka when smoking crack and I did this as well with beer. I was a hardcore alcoholic who never had hangovers but when using cocaine, it was guaranteed I would feel like crap the next morning. You're going to get different opinions on this but Jimmy wasn't kidding when he said complications can occur. There are many threads here speaking about this combination but here are a few:

www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/597133-Anyone-else-think-coke-without-drinking-is-just-not-worth-it

www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/602391-Mixing-cocaine-and-alcohol

www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/562866-mixing-coke-and-alcohol

You need to know when using cocaine with antidepressants, it can put you at higher risk for seizures and serotonin syndrome. We're not trying to scare people but help you to make a smart decision to keep you safe.