Mental Health Effexor for anxiety?

Red Moon

Bluelighter
Share your experiences with this drug as used for anxiety. I was recently prescribed it at a very small dose due to my history of disastriously bad effects (not just the initial side effects) with an SSRI as a child. And I know this is an SNRI, so it's a little different. But nevertheslss I'm terrified by the thought of even picking it up from the pharmacy, let alone taking it... People who have experience with it, tell me how it was for you or your loved ones. I don't care about the science as the "science" of asntidepressants has steered me very wrong in the past. I care how it affects random people who are not no-names in scientific studies that often have ulterior motives that are not always as clean as "let's make people get better."

I want to know how it made YOU and your loved ones feel. Was it an okay drug for their problems? Quick reminder here that the main issue I'm being given this for is anxiety, not depression or anything else.

Caused me to be MORE anxiety!!! Didn't touch depression.
Useless after 3 months so I quit. I have heard good things from others but I don't do well with Anti Depressants in general. especially for anxiety. (Which in my case can get pretty severe) Good luck I hope you find something that works. Peace. NW