• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Effexor and Stimulants?

ThisIsCrazy

Greenlighter
I'm on effexor xr 150mg.
I use on the weekends. Depending on circumstances it's either mdma, coke or meth. I told my doctor about this and he said that it was not a good idea to mix stimulants with effexor, because effexor is a stimulant and you shouldn't mix drugs blablabla. Anyway, so when I do take drugs like that, I stop my meds. I find that after an entire weekend of not taking my meds and doing drugs, I feel like a complete waste of skin. I feel so depressed and emotional. And then the next few days are me trying to get back on track with my meds and tending an aftermath. I feel like it would be more worthwhile to continue taking my meds during drug use. Obviously, I know the best option would be to discontinue using street drugs, and I'll get there, but in the meantime, would it be safe to take my medication during drug use? What if I'm using more than one drug at a time? Does anyone have experience here?

DO NOT USE COKE, MDMA, OR METH WHILE TAKING EFFEXOR. I'm not trying to scare you but it's potentially deadly. Serotonin syndrome is a huge possibility because effexor has strong reuptake properties for both serotonin and norephinerine and coke and mama especially would cause either a seizure or painful death. Please either quit your medication when doing these like a few days before or don't do these drugs at all. I'm a drug addict and love crystal and mama but know never To mix them with SNRIs

Well that's unfortunate to hear. I really hate coming off a binge and trying to pick up the pieces and start all over, I just started taking them today, after partying all weekend. I can go two days without seeing any discontinuation symptoms. But the third day hit's hard.