• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Effects of morning glory vines and flowers (trip reports needed)

Streetcow

Bluelighter
Im looking for people with experience NOT using the morning glory seed but the vine and flowers as a psychedelics and as general drugs

things like morning glory wine,eating the vines and flowers raw and smoking the leaves are what I'm looking for

if you have experience and would like to contribute a report please include effects,time line,route of administration and conclusion

all reports are valued and thank you for your participation

-Streetcow

I thought it was the seeds that contain the psychoactive? I could be wrong

I've always heard that it was the seeds also. I have no experience wit the stuff but I feel like chomping on a stem wouldn'tdo too much. And if it did it would probably be like weed trim and youd have to consume a large amount.

In response to both of you yes the seeds are psychoactive but so is the flower leaves and stem I'm conducting research on this and I need trip report if your willing to try it then report back after to tell me the results also look up morning glory wine and see the results

-Streetcow

What do you envisage should be down with the flowers - tea, smoke them, quid? What sort of dose and where did you read about this or how did you come up with the idea?

I might be willing to give it a go if you could provide some information as to what you want and why?

I bought a shed load of MG seeds to try and grow flowers - so far lots of vines gotten and one flower!

Seimboz: no not personally since usually if you buy the seeds they are coated in poison but there is Lsa in the seeds which causes a LSD like trip if your looking to try seeds don't do morning glory do Hawaiian baby Woodrow they are much much higher in lsa

nuube: well that's the thing there's not much information which is why I'm posting threads on it

I also have a couple different running projects one of these is fully the effects of morning glory and bindweed (yes I said bindweed it's also psychoactive I actually have a trip report up online if you would like to view it)

but from what I have come up with would be individual ways of using every part of the plant

flower: put 10-20 morning glory flowers in a bottle of water let it sit for 2-4 weeks the remaining liquid should be colored and has numerous reports of being psychoactive but none are conclusive I would also say add the flowers overtime if you can't get too many

or you can just eat the flowers raw

Leaf: The leaves are pretty simple you can ethier eat them raw or dry and smoke'em I Don't know the amount but I would at least say a decent amount to chew on

stem/vine: same as above

-Streetcow

I think LSA is only in the seeds. There is a really good Sai Tung Green Curry I buy that uses morning glory as an one of ths veggies (along with banana flowers and coconut shoots.) While it is pretty yummy its definitely not psychoactive. Not even with the GABA rice lol.

http://www.whatsgoodattraderjoes.com/2014/02/trader-joes-sai-tung-green-curry-red.html

thats the thing for the unknown chemical(s) in question they seem to be not at all heat resistant

I remember hearing places where they eat bindweed they boil it first because of the "toxic chemicals" (misconceptions on toxic and psychoactive chemicals baffle me it's quite strange because any chemical in large quantitys are toxic it's just a matter of properly dosing, testing the waters, and knowing your limits the people should eat it raw more often if you ask me)

I'm guessing that it's the same with morning glory while bindweed in general has never been used psychoactively (helpfully I can change that and introduce a new drug because of it) morning glory flowers and vine have

while study's are inconclusive it's generally know that it's mildly psychedelic,and a mild psychostimulant or in some reports a sedative
(it could depend on dose like how Kratom goes from a stimulant to a depressant depending on dose) particularly the flowers

-Streetcow

I think LSA is only in the seeds. There is a really good Sai Tung Green Curry I buy that uses morning glory as an one of ths veggies (along with banana flowers and coconut shoots.) While it is pretty yummy its definitely not psychoactive. Not even with the GABA rice lol.

http://www.whatsgoodattraderjoes.com/2014/02/trader-joes-sai-tung-green-curry-red.html

Reading the link you have provided there is no doubt in my mind the chemicals are destroyed in the process when you eat you dish

also the active chemical is definitely NOT lsa

-Streetcow

Last edited:
citation needed

oh I thought it was pretty commen knowledge I mean they are usually coated in methyl mercury from what Iv read but maybe it's not general oh well here's wikipedias take on the subject

wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_Glory

go down to ethnobotany

I remember my friend try the seeds and threw up so hard you wouldnt believe it

-Streetcow

Sometimes, seeds are coated with a fungicide.

The active ingrediënt isn't LSA, but LSH in conjunction with some other lysergamides. LSH over time degrades into LSA. LSA is mostly a sedative with a slight dissociative edge. LSH is very LSD-like. especially in combination with the other lysergamides.

The wiki page has no sources to back that up. It's an urban myth. Someone from shroomery e-mailed a seed company years ago and asked https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Number/4490792/vc/1

I don't quite believe it yet since my friends puke was quite real the seeds may not always be but I think that it's a thing that the FDA would do and pressure seed companys to put it on

of course it could be an urban myth I don't know but this thread isn't about seeds it's about vines

-Streetcow

I don't quite believe it yet since my friends puke was quite real the seeds may not always be but I think that it's a thing that the FDA would do and pressure seed companys to put it on

of course it could be an urban myth I don't know but this thread isn't about seeds it's about vines

-Streetcow

I can't imagine a government agency pressurizing private companies to poison teenagers. Not when they are quite happy to ban plants if they feel they have to.

As you say, this thread is about the vine. It just bugs when people toss around ideas as fact.
You have admitted that you don't know, thats good enough for me.

I shall leave you to it.

I can't imagine a government agency pressurizing private companies to poison teenagers. Not when they are quite happy to ban plants if they feel they have to.

As you say, this thread is about the vine. It just bugs when people toss around ideas as fact.
You have admitted that you don't know, thats good enough for me.

I shall leave you to it.

well u can't be sure this has sparked my interest so I order 50 seed packets on amazon from different companies will test half for traces of pesticides fungicides and and poison and then eat them to see if it is just nausea from the seeds themselves

-Streetcow

No seeds, just plant material, leaves and vines. 2 times cold water extaction. Mild body high and visuals(with eyes closed) Going to experiment with seed pods that are not fully matured.

I thought it was just the seeds too. I have some growing but they haven't even flowered yet and they are dying for some reason. If the leaves and stuff can get you high though then I'll go out right now and pick some lol.

...I'm conducting research on this and I need trip report if your willing to try it then report back after to tell me the results also look up morning glory wine and see the results

-Streetcow

Cow, why not just do the research yourself...you eat that shit and write your own report or is it better to trip vicariously through others?

Just curious man...