View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Effects of 25mg 2C-E on heart rate and blood pressure: my findings

AA357

Bluelighter
I got hold of a sphygmomanometer (FUCK that's a hard word to spell 8() earlier on this week just to see how a 25mg dose of 2C-E affects heart rate and blood pressure.
I must add that I also smoke a fair amount of weed and always end up getting very stoned when I trip.

I've had two very nice and relaxing trips since I got this machine, just chilling out on the couch and taking readings every hour for 6 or 7 hours after the effects became apparent.

2C-E definitely does push the numbers up a bit, but nothing of any clinical significance and nowhere near as bad as stimulants (even caffeine).

My resting heart rate while sober is around 55. 2C-E raises it to the high-60s to mid-70s. The highest reading I got was 81 - this was immediately after I'd smoked a joint (cannabis is known to elevate heart rate).
My systolic BP while sober is typically 110-120. 2C-E raises it to the high-120s to high-130s.
My diastolic BP while sober is typically in the low to mid-70s. On 2C-E it tends to stay in the mid-80s, occasionally creeping up into low-90s (on 3 readings).

Realistically speaking; is there any reason to believe this drug has any potential to cause heart problems?
People are quick to point out that Sasha Shulgin had heart problems but let's not forget: that guy played around with a fuckload of other chemicals - including MDMA and MDA (which are considerably more damaging than 2C-E).

I ask because other psychedelics (e.g. LSD) don't appear to cause heart problems in their users... Albert Hofmann was a healthy guy who lived to be 102 and Tim Leary - as nutty as that guy was - didn't suffer from any health problems resulting from his (rather heavy) psychedelic use.

Last edited:
I remember reading about this on multiple threads... It has been extensively discussed before: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-631265.html

Drug-induced valvular heart disease: An update
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S187521361300034X#
The first link is to a thread discussing serotonin-releasing 'empathogens'... totally different can of worms.
In the second link, there was no mention of any 2C-E-like chemicals. I am well aware that fenfluramine and certain ergoloids have been linked to valve problems, but I'm pretty sure we'd know by now if LSD had a similar effect.

The first link is to a thread discussing serotonin-releasing 'empathogens'... totally different can of worms.

Yes, I know that. Anyway on the first link the discussion is about 5-HT2B agonists possibly being able to provoke heart problems. I remembered the thread and I thought it was of your interest, as Shulgin's problem is also discussed there. A lot of rumors have been online about Shulgin's disease being caused due this. Also on the thread there are a lot of valuable objections from sekio about the subject.

In the second link, there was no mention of any 2C-E-like chemicals. I am well aware that fenfluramine and certain ergoloids have been linked to valve problems, but I'm pretty sure we'd know by now if LSD had a similar effect.

The second link does not mention 2C-E but mentions a clinical study that makes a relationship between 5-HT2B agonists and long-term valvular heart disease...

All of these drugs that have been shown to be capable of inducing VHD were found to have a common pharmacological action on a specific serotonin receptor – the 5HT2B receptor. Indeed, these drugs have an agonistic action, with a high affinity for these receptors (which are highly present in valvular tissue), leading to valvular alterations similar to those observed previously in carcinoid heart disease, a neuroendocrine malignancy linked to enterochromaffin cells, which produce great quantities of serotonin. The various drug-induced VHDs have similar morphological and histological features, characterized by tissue thickening and an abundant extracellular matrix of glycosaminoglycans and collagen, with proliferation of myofibroblasts and smooth muscle cells, few calcifications and no pronounced inflammation. The underlying valve structure is usually unchanged.

Vasoconstrictive phenethylamines will pretty much inevitably cause a spike in vitals, aside from that I don't see how infrequent use of 2c-e would cause major problems. Sure, a big chunk of psychedelics are also 5-ht2b agonists but this only becomes an issue with long-term exposure. You won't develop valvular fibrosis and proliferation from the occasional dose of 2c-e.

He was elderly and he had a history of smoking. He probably could've had heart problems even if he hadn't ingested hundreds of novel psychoactive substances over his lifetime. (It still makes me sad that I have to write these sentences in the past tense)

Now, Terrence McKenna died of brain cancer in his 50s. That probably wasn't related to his drug use either, but still I find that a lot more disturbing.

He probably could've had heart problems even if he hadn't ingested hundreds of novel psychoactive substances over his lifetime
Definitely, aortic valve issues are very common in the elderly. Here's a study on just that topic... If I'm being honest though, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if his issues were a result of his experimentation.

Randomly selected men and women in the age groups 75 to 76, 80 to 81 and 85 to 86 years (n = 501) participating in the Helsinki Ageing Study were studied with imaging and Doppler echocardiography. Additionally, 76 persons 55 to 71 year of age were included... Mild calcification was found in 222 (40%) and severe calcification in 72 (13%)...All persons with aortic valve stenosis were in the three oldest age groups... Aortic regurgitation, mostly mild, was found in 29% of the entire study cohort. Conclusions. Calcific aortic valve stenosis constitutes a significant health problem in the elderly. Only a minority of those with potentially operable aortic valve stenosis undergo surgery.
http://content.onlinejacc.org/mobile/article.aspx?articleid=1118660

The chemistAlexander Shulginfirst popularized MDMA and MDA, and he invented DOI and many other recreational drugs that are also 5HT-2B receptor agonists. In 2008 Shulgin underwent surgery to replace a defective aortic heart valve.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiac_fibrosis

Last edited:
There's zero point in trying to rationalize away Shulgin's heart problems, none at all. No one knows or will ever know what caused them; what we do know is that he did spend his entire life taking drugs that bind specifically to a receptor that we do know can cause the exact kind of heart troubles he had. There is no denying this point.... To attempt to just explain it away is pretty much completely missing the point if bringing up that he had the condition in the first place, it's just trying to ignore the issue when the only reason it was introduced at all was just to say that we should retain some healthy cautiousness. By arguing it, it kind of just says that you would rather not feel like you have to worry about consequences than actually make educated decisions about your health....

Life is a trade off, nothing is free. So psychedelics could cause heart troubles late in life through chronic 5-HT2B agonism.... Who gives a shit? You make probably about an equal trade for some of your health every single time you decided to eat a big greasy meal because it's just too delicious to say no, and it's worth it because you do those things to enjoy your life. You have to take those risks because avoiding everything potentially damaging for your entire life just so you can live a few extra years in your 80s or 90s is basically a waste of life....

No one is trying to tell you that psychedelics present an immediate and severe danger, they're just pointing out that every single decision you make can have potential consequences at some point in life, psychedelics or otherwise. And pointing out which psychedelics seem to be safe after widespread use, like LSD, really cannot prove anything either.... Really, the fact that cabergoline is known to cause damage shows that LSD is an exception, not the rule, because it cannot possibly be representative of every single psychedelic if its safety is not even retained with other drugs within its same structural class.

However, as I also said in the other thread, according to the study you linked, 2C-E has some of the lowest affinity for 5-HT2B compared to 5-HT2A of any psychedelic. To put this in perspective, LSD has showed 0.38x selectivity for 5-HT2B, 2C-E showed 1.75x selectivity, and psilocin showed 72x selectivity. In other words, if any psychedelic is going to give you this kind of damage, it seems very unlikely that it will be 2C-E. But, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be aware of the risk, especially if you're dosing twice a week. The damage could still add up eventually if you keep that rate up for a lifetime, though I somehow doubt that you will.

Calm down, take a breath ;). All that was said was that he could've run into aortic issues anyways, nobody has outright tried to explain away what happened to shulgin. Being that we have so little info on what really occurred all factors should be considered instead of just jumping to conclusions when the only piece of info we have to go on is "a defective aortic valve". Not only is that very vague, but it's also a common health problem in the elderly. Shulgin was 82 when he got that valve replacement...

Whether his issues were or weren't caused by his psychedelic use, that doesn't change the fact that frequent use of 5-ht2b agonists leads to valvular fibrosis, and most (just about all?) psychedelics are 5-ht2b agonists, so it's not like bringing up other possible risk-factors is going to diminish that or promote ignorance to ones health, only considerations on an admittedly dead end topic.

Being that this thread is dedicated to a specific dose of one psychedelic, none of it even matters (the shulgin debate). You would have to dose that 25mgs of 2c-e for really long time before risk of valvular disorders would be an issue, and we all know how poorly psychedelics lend themselves to heavy abuse, especially a substance like 2c-e. Not to diminish these valvular issues altogether, but in this case this isn't something to lose sleep over...

IMO, alot of these newer empathogens warrant far more concern with their rediculous affinities for 5-ht2b. I myself have mildly defective valves as a result of a strong fondness for psychedelics and high affinity empathogens, benzofurans in particular... (Mild mitral and aortic regurgitation, aortic stenosis, and obviously proliferated, fibrotic valves confirmed through doppler echocardiography).

Now I'm not sure If the above post was in any way directed towards the study I posted, but if it was it wasn't some poor attempt to dismiss what happened to shulgin, just a fact that aortic issues are common in elderly people therefor it is a genuine possibility that he could have had valvular issues anyways. If I had to guess though, I'd wager it was drug related, but...

Last edited:
Calm down, take a breath ;). All that was said was that he could've run into aortic issues anyways, nobody has outright tried to explain away what happened to shulgin. Being that we have so little info on what really occurred all factors should be considered instead of just jumping to conclusions when the only piece of info we have to go on is "a defective aortic valve". Not only is that very vague, but it's also a common health problem in the elderly. Shulgin was 82 when he got that valve replacement...

Whether his issues were or weren't caused by his psychedelic use, that doesn't change the fact that frequent use of 5-ht2b agonists leads to valvular fibrosis, and most (just about all?) psychedelics are 5-ht2b agonists, so it's not like bringing up other possible risk-factors is going to diminish that or promote ignorance to ones health, only considerations on an admittedly dead end topic.

Being that this thread is dedicated to a specific dose of one psychedelic, none of it even matters (the shulgin debate). You would have to daily dose that 25mgs of 2c-e for quite a while before risk of valvular disorders would be an issue, and we all know how poorly psychedelics lend themselves to daily abuse, especially a substance as heavy as 2c-e. That's not to diminish these valvular issues altogether, but in this case this isn't something to lose sleep over...

IMO, alot of these newer empathogens warrant far more concern with their rediculous affinities for 5-ht2b. I myself have mildly defective valves as a result of heavy psychedelic and even moreso empathogen abuse, benzofurans in particular. (Mild mitral and aortic regurgitation, aortic stenosis, and obviously proliferated, fibrotic valves confirmed through echocardiography).

Now I'm not sure If your post was in any way directed towards the study I posted above, but if it was it wasn't a poor attempt to dismiss what happened to shulgin, just a fact that aortic issues are common in elderly people therefor it is possible that he could have had valvular issues anyways. If I had to guess though, I'd wager it was drug related, but...

Nothing I said was directed at you, sorry if that wasn't clear. I agree with everything you've said in this thread so far. My post was directed at the OP because this thread spawned out of a discussion from a different thread, which originally had nothing to do with 2C-E. The only reason I actually brought up the Shulgin stuff at all to begin with was to make the exact same point that you have: all factors should be considered, but just in the other direction to point out that psychedelics can have consequences too. When I originally made this point in the other thread, the context I was placing it in was to suggest why newer, more efficacious 5-HT2 agonists such as the 25x-NBOMe family might present a greater danger than traditional research chemicals like the 2C-x family, which themselves seem fairly benign, but given what happened to Shulgin it would be unwise to assume that they have no danger at all even if there were other factors involved. Considering that, if they actually did play a role, then it would not be at all crazy to suggest that heavy abuse of these new high efficacy agonists like people use them today could lead to more significant problems in life than just one surgery in old age. The only reason that 2C-E was even brought up to begin with is because the OP, in that thread, challenged what I said about 5-HT2B causing problems by giving a study where he claimed that 2C-E had even greater affinity for the receptor than MDMA, and yet was not known to be associated with these problems. I replied to say that he was reading these numbers wrong, and that 2C-E actually tested as one of the weakest 5-HT2B agonists of any psychedelic, almost identical to LSD, but that it also cannot be said it is not known to be associated with heart damage because it has never been evaluated for it, specifically meaning like taking large doses of just 2C-E all the time like you say to see if any damage occurs. However, he never posted again in that thread, which is why I came to repeat this information here.... I know that this is relevant to the OP because I read in another thread that he takes 2C-E twice a week, so whether or not chronic use of it causes damage really does matter to him. As I've now said a few times, I do truly believe based on the binding data alone that 2C-E seems to be one of the least likely to cause heart damage compared to the same level of use of any other psychedelic... but I do still think that the OP should also keep in mind that this is because 2C-E just seems to have a good binding distribution rather than that psychedelics are just generally free of heart problems, or that using 2C-E very frequently for a very long time still can't lead to problems, even if it didn't contribute in Shulgin's case.

On a related note, how do you go about getting one of those echocardiography tests to check for this kind of damage? Are you just straight up with your doctor about it? I've honestly been wanting to check if I've done any damage to myself for quite some time too, I've made some pretty stupid drug decisions in my life and would feel a lot more at ease if I at least knew what kind of situation I was looking at in my heart.... That really sucks that you've got that damage but I guess at least you know it's there. :/ How heavily would you use psychedelics and empathogens?

However, as I also said in the other thread, according to the study you linked, 2C-E has some of the lowest affinity for 5-HT2B compared to 5-HT2A of any psychedelic. To put this in perspective, LSD has showed 0.38x selectivity for 5-HT2B, 2C-E showed 1.75x selectivity, and psilocin showed 72x selectivity. In other words, if any psychedelic is going to give you this kind of damage, it seems very unlikely that it will be 2C-E. But, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be aware of the risk, especially if you're dosing twice a week. The damage could still add up eventually if you keep that rate up for a lifetime, though I somehow doubt that you will.
Yeah I remember you pointing this out to me... thanks for that.
However; I still believe that if heavy psychedelic use did have any noticeable impact on heart function then I'm pretty sure we'd know by now.
People all over the world have been taking acid and 2C-E for decades and using shrooms, mescaline and DMT for God knows how many years. I have never seen any evidence - empirical or clinical - that the psychedelics I mentioned are damaging.
With all due respect to Shulgin, his death really doesn't say anything about the safety of 2C-E. He experimented pretty extensively with MDMA, MDA and fuck knows what else.
People seem to forget about guys like Hofmann, Leary, McKenna who took a lot of psychedelics and didn't suffer any health problems as a result.

Yeah I remember you pointing this out to me... thanks for that.
However; I still believe that if heavy psychedelic use did have any noticeable impact on heart function then I'm pretty sure we'd know by now.
People all over the world have been taking acid and 2C-E for decades and using shrooms, mescaline and DMT for God knows how many years. I have never seen any evidence - empirical or clinical - that the psychedelics I mentioned are damaging.
With all due respect to Shulgin, his death really doesn't say anything about the safety of 2C-E. He experimented pretty extensively with MDMA, MDA and fuck knows what else.
People seem to forget about guys like Hofmann, Leary, McKenna who took a lot of psychedelics and didn't suffer any health problems as a result.

You're welcome, and I'm wondering... with Psychedelics and the Human Receptorome, are you looking at the equalized affinity data (4.00-0.00) or the actual raw stuff (binding in nM)? The latter is significantly more useful, and easily attainable, though I didn't realize it for a while myself which is why I ask. As for the rest of your post, all I can really say for that is, it's just not a good harm reduction mindset to assume that just because the few psychedelics that have reached truly massively widespread lifetime long usage for some people have seemed to be safe for the heart it means that the dozens and eventually hundreds of others will be equally safe as well. It's important to remember that 2C-E has only existed for half a century.... No one ever anywhere in the history of the world has yet taken 2C-E frequently for their entire life, not even Shulgin, so it truly cannot be said if any problems will emerge from it or not. As I said in the above post, when I brought this stuff up in the other thread I really was thinking more about the people who like use NBOMes or other very high efficacy agonists frequently, the point being that even if Shulgin did cause himself damage, it took him an entire lifetime to do it... but he was using lower efficacy drugs at more moderate doses and intervals, so it's something to consider. I really do not believe that most 2C-x drugs will cause problems in this way, and I would gladly take any of them many times in the future... but I just can't ever recommend anything but caution when it comes to drug use. It's just the smart way to go.

On a related note, how do you go about getting one of those echocardiography tests to check for this kind of damage? Are you just straight up with your doctor about it? I've honestly been wanting to check if I've done any damage to myself for quite some time too, I've made some pretty stupid drug decisions in my life and would feel a lot more at ease if I at least knew what kind of situation I was looking at in my heart.... That really sucks that you've got that damage but I guess at least you know it's there. :/
I can get an echocardiogram for free (no questions asked) because there is cardiomyopathy in my family.
Had an echo a few years ago and everything was good. I'm going to see if I can get one some time in the near future.

How heavily would you use psychedelics and empathogens?
Psychedelics: whenever the hell I feel like it.
Empathogens: never.

Apart from 2C-E my rec drug use consists of smoking a gram of bud a day, drinking a can or two every evening and taking 15-20mg Valium every Friday or Saturday evening.

Last edited:
Makes sense, I just thought you read zn13bt's post and my response as some sort of justification for what happened to shulgin. Your best bet in getting an echo would be to schedule an consultation with a cardiologist and be %100 with him/her, bring some studies that link exposure of certain drugs you've ingested to 5-ht2b agonism and say you've been dealing with chest pains and palpitations if you feel they're not taking you serious.

The problem is that most cardiologists won't run an echo unless your at least symptomatic, chances are he'll order an EKG first, which btw is apparently a poor test for these particular problems as I've had 4 or 5 throughout several hospital visits, all negative. If your persistent and properly insured and/or willing to pay chances are you'll get your echo, it's totally non-invasive. I paid $300 cash for mine, this was while uninsured.

The reason I decided to get my echo was due to an un-related pulmonary embolism resulting in severe chest pains, pressure, and palpitations after a 6-apdb/5-apb session (It's very likely that the thrombus was already formed somewhere in my groin/thigh, and that APB's weren't the sole cause but increased BP and movement sent it to the lungs. I just told my doctor that I was a heavy MDMA/MDA user as they don't have a clue what the APB's are. OT, I know... but getting screened for valvular issues is totally harm reduction =D.

Last edited:
You're welcome, and I'm wondering... with Psychedelics and the Human Receptorome, are you looking at the equalized affinity data (4.00-0.00) or the actual raw stuff (binding in nM)? The latter is significantly more useful, and easily attainable, though I didn't realize it for a while myself which is why I ask. As for the rest of your post, all I can really say for that is, it's just not a good harm reduction mindset to assume that just because the few psychedelics that have reached truly massively widespread lifetime long usage for some people have seemed to be safe for the heart it means that the dozens and eventually hundreds of others will be equally safe as well. It's important to remember that 2C-E has only existed for half a century.... No one ever anywhere in the history of the world has yet taken 2C-E frequently for their entire life, not even Shulgin, so it truly cannot be said if any problems will emerge from it or not. As I said in the above post, when I brought this stuff up in the other thread I really was thinking more about the people who like use NBOMes or other very high efficacy agonists frequently, the point being that even if Shulgin did cause himself damage, it took him an entire lifetime to do it... but he was using lower efficacy drugs at more moderate doses and intervals, so it's something to consider. I really do not believe that most 2C-x drugs will cause problems in this way, and I would gladly take any of them many times in the future... but I just can't ever recommend anything but caution when it comes to drug use. It's just the smart way to go.
Fair point.
And yeah - the numbers I was looking at were the equalized affinity data. TBH it sounds like you know quite a bit more about biochemistry than I do.

I can get an echocardiogram for free (no questions asked) because there is cardiomyopathy in my family.
Had an echo a few back ago and everything was good. I'm going to see if I can get one some time in the near future.

Psychedelics: whenever the hell I feel like it.
Empathogens: never.

Apart from 2C-E my rec drug use consists of smoking a gram of bud a day, drinking a can or two every evening and taking 15-20mg Valium every Friday or Saturday evening.

Nice! (Well, except for the cardiomyopathy....) I'm kind of a hypochondriac so I'd be getting them all the time if I had that lol. In that case yeah I would definitely recommend it, I mean if you're concerned about it and you can check for free then why not.... Heck, you could be the one to really bring some more direct evidence for 2C-E's safety if you do use it that often and you can get genuinely checked up now and then.

Well, with that kind of usage, I would really doubt that you'll ever run into any significant heart problems from serotonergic drugs, especially if the classics and 2C-x are some of your main trips of choice. And just, you know, if you ever find yourself dosing psychedelics very heavily for a period of time, maybe give yourself some time off for a little while afterward too. (From what I've seen in life so far, heavy use usually leads to this anyway.) You're right that the empathogens probably did contribute more for Shulgin.... I've pretty much sworn off them these days for that reason, if I'm going to be taking any risk at all I'd rather just cut out of the extra fluff and keep only the best stuff in, especially if the fluff makes it exponentially worse.... Unfortunately (at least from looking at the affinity numbers) I really prefer tryptamines to anything else, but I also only use them like once or twice a month (albeit in relatively high doses) so maybe it balances out.... I at least am not too worried about having anything become of it, and this is after a good several years of making very poor health decisions. I think it probably takes a pretty good amount of abuse to seriously damage your heart, I just like to think about things on a lifelong scale so that I'm not surprised when unexpected things come at me late in life....

Fair point.
And yeah - the numbers I was looking at were the equalized affinity data. TBH it sounds like you know quite a bit more about biochemistry than I do.

I figured as much since the equalized data very misleading gives 2C-E a higher value or 5-HT2B than MDMA; here is the actual data:

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/asset?unique&id=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0009019.s005

It's an XLS so you'll need to view it in Excel or some equivalent program. I don't know how much you look at binding data, but just to be clear a lower number means more potent in nM, and >10,000 nM doesn't necessarily mean a drug doesn't bind there, it just means that they didn't test above that point. Though, this is typically because the drug has very low affinity, but with low potency drugs like mescaline it can lead to confusing hits of nearly all >10,000 nM. For those it's probably best to assume that this data doesn't tell you too much.... Overall though, I really like it. One of my biggest issues with binding data is that they're maddeningly inconsistent from one study to the next. That's why instead I like to get as many different values from one study as I can and compare ratios instead, so at least they all had the exact same testing procedure.... That's how I end up with saying that 2C-E seems to be one of the least potent 5-HT2B agonists, since 5-HT2A activity is a very effective measure of psychedelic activity in humans and the 5-HT2B value is only barely above that. It tells me a lot more than having one study showing that 2C-E binds to 5-HT2B and another study saying that 2C-B does as well, but with wildly different numbers between them that basically can't be compared at all.

And thanks, it's really just from years of personal research though. (I am starting to actually take chemistry classes now just recently though, it's fascinating stuff!) I like to understand what I'm putting in my body as thoroughly as humanly possible both for the sake of being as safe as possible and so that I can understand how to manipulate my brain to get the best experiences possible. Eventually after sifting through all the data for ages you just start to get used to what's good and what isn't and catch on to trends, and that's when you start noticing some really incredible things about the molecules and how they interact with us. I'm sure you'll get there too if you keep up trying to learn about what you take for long enough!

Makes sense, I just thought you read zn13bt's post and my response as some sort of justification for what happened to shulgin. Your best bet in getting an echo would be to schedule an consultation with a cardiologist and be %100 with him/her, bring some studies that link exposure of certain drugs you've ingested to 5-ht2b agonism and say you've been dealing with chest pains and palpitations if you feel they're not taking you serious.

The problem is that most cardiologists won't run an echo unless your at least symptomatic, chances are he'll order an EKG first, which btw is apparently a poor test for these particular problems as I've had 4 or 5 throughout several hospital visits, all negative. If your persistent and properly insured and/or willing to pay chances are you'll get your echo, it's totally non-invasive. I paid $300 cash for mine, this was while uninsured.

The reason I decided to get my echo was due to an un-related pulmonary embolism resulting in severe chest pains, pressure, and palpitations after a 6-apdb/5-apb session (It's very likely that the thrombus was already formed somewhere in my groin/thigh, and that APB's weren't the sole cause but increased BP and movement sent it to the lungs. I just told my doctor that I was a heavy MDMA/MDA user as they don't have a clue what the APB's are. OT, I know... but getting screened for valvular issues is totally harm reduction =D.

It's cool, there was probably still a little bit of aggression in me when I read through the thread this morning too, I usually wake up kind of bitchy until I've had my morning bowl lol. Hey that works for me, I actually do have chest pains so I won't be lying. (Though I honestly think that this is mostly related to GERD and gallbladder issues, which I do however think may also have been caused/worsened by some of my drug/alcohol use.) I'm actually getting an abdominal ultrasound soon to see what all's going on down there too, so it wouldn't be out of the question for me to want to check other things as well.... Probably the most significant chunk of my 5-HT2B agonism has come from MDMA as well, so at least I can talk about something they're much more likely to be familiar with. That's interesting that the EKG won't catch it though, but good to know.... It makes me call into a question I study I read once actually, the only one I'm aware of where they tested psilocybin effects on the human heart, after a single dose. All they did was take a EKG if I'm not mistaken. Maybe I should did that up again though, it's been a while since I've read over it....

Ahh gotcha, well I'm glad you're okay! That's one of my main worries about drugs these days actually, increased blood pressure doing something like that.... That's another reason I really like sticking to tryptamines these days, especially since I usually just lie around and chill on them anyway.... I don't really live the healthiest lifestyle outside of drugs always and I've been on medication that increased the risk of clotting before, so now I'm kind of paranoid of issues related to it. I've finally started doing a bit better lately though, I actually lost some significant weight in the past few months for the first time in forever....

And yes, I agree! Education on checking for health issues is very much harm reduction. :)

Nice! (Well, except for the cardiomyopathy....) I'm kind of a hypochondriac so I'd be getting them all the time if I had that lol. In that case yeah I would definitely recommend it, I mean if you're concerned about it and you can check for free then why not.... Heck, you could be the one to really bring some more direct evidence for 2C-E's safety if you do use it that often and you can get genuinely checked up now and then.
Yeah... I might just do that. It would be great to be able to do something to further our understanding of this chemical.

Well, with that kind of usage, I would really doubt that you'll ever run into any significant heart problems from serotonergic drugs, especially if the classics and 2C-x are some of your main trips of choice. And just, you know, if you ever find yourself dosing psychedelics very heavily for a period of time, maybe give yourself some time off for a little while afterward too. (From what I've seen in life so far, heavy use usually leads to this anyway.)
Yeah, that does happen after a while. I went through an obscene amount of psychedelic drugs last summer (LSD, DPT, 4-AcO-DMT and 2C-E) and after a few months I ended up taking a 2-3 month break because it was getting boring.

And thanks, it's really just from years of personal research though. (I am starting to actually take chemistry classes now just recently though, it's fascinating stuff!) I like to understand what I'm putting in my body as thoroughly as humanly possible both for the sake of being as safe as possible and so that I can understand how to manipulate my brain to get the best experiences possible. Eventually after sifting through all the data for ages you just start to get used to what's good and what isn't and catch on to trends, and that's when you start noticing some really incredible things about the molecules and how they interact with us. I'm sure you'll get there too if you keep up trying to learn about what you take for long enough!
Nice!
I'm the same... it pisses me off when people take drugs without knowing the first thing about how they work. I like to know as much as possible about what I'm taking but I still have a lot to learn.

Hey, sorry for the delayed response, it's been a busy couple of weeks. Yeah, I'm going through that sort of myself right now, the tripping does get old when you do it a lot in a short amount of time. I find that you get a lot more out of it too when you give life more time to unfold between trips just so that you have more to bring to the experience.... I hear you though, no matter how much I learn I feel like I've still barely pierced the surface of it. :) The brain is wonderfully complex. It always goes deeper than thought no matter how far down you go....