• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Effective lifetime of EZ Kit?

360-12

Greenlighter
Hi

I'm almost certainly going to buy one of these kits as it appears to be a veritable minefield out there just now and want to be as safe as possible.

Can someone tell me:

What the usual effective lifetimes of the re-agents in the complete kit are if stored in a fridge? I realise they may vary individually.

Is it worth getting an entire kit? I'd only anticipate testing at the most 10 times a year - but this would include all the currently legal rc's and any new emerging ones, so I'd like a decent range of tests to help identify substances as accurately as possible.

Cheers

I would say 12 - 16months but others have reported the kits lasting far longer.

As for buying a full kit may I suggest you check out the great thread from user 'theazo' and you will see what kits you will need for checking most of the RC's around at the moment.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=512598

Dont forget when you buy a kit do a control test on something like sugar or asprin etc so you have a way of testing your test kit after 12months.

Also please check out the link at the top of Pill Reports for kits, they are cheaper than EZtest (For the same kit).

Thanks for the info and links. Decided to just get the complete kit for £30. Bargain! Cheers.

They stay accurate about 18-24 months as the reaction gradually gets slower over time.

If you are testing RC's, a complete kit is the ONLY way to go.

Full kit arrived from one of the recommended suppliers, but I'm sad to say it has an expiry day of Jan 2011 - wondered why it was so cheap...

Would it be fair to ask for a newer replacement?

Did a quick test with sugar. Results:

Marquis - lightish yellow and then to v dark brown after a few minutes
Mecke - vague muddy green and then to darkish brown after a few mins.

No reaction with the others. Compared with the sticky where both of the above tests went bright yellow initially, it would seem my kit may be on its way out already...

No reaction with the others. Compared with the sticky where both of the above tests went bright yellow initially, it would seem my kit may be on its way out already...

Sounds a bit old :( how cheap, and what vendor?

I would contact them immediately. That is way too soon man.

I am going to recommend people buying elsewhere if they are doing that kind of BS. I always got fresh kits from dancesafe.org here in the US. Please let us know how it works out. I am very curious, I was considering ordering a kit from them for the first time :( If they don't help you out, I definately won't be buying one from them. Explain that the kits are supposed to last a year or more, and yours is hardly reacting when you JUST got it.

good luck

Last edited:
The dates on the testing kit lids are actually sell by dates, not the out of date date if that makes sense. The date the kits will actually go out of date can be up to about another 24 months after this date so you shouldn't need to worry about the date which is on the lid of the kit even if it's after the date you recieve it.

^From the OP's description of test results, it sounds like an old kit :(

comparing that description, to the almost instant (<1 sec) reactions I got from my dancesafe kits, I'd be pissed...

just my $.02

I received a reply to the same effect (suspect it's the supplier above, as I referenced the forum in my email).

As stated, the date on the kit is the sell by date (although it actually states "expiry" date, hence my concern).

I've suggested it should be made clearer - perhaps showing an expected lifetime date and a sell by date.

Having said that, the supplier has offered to send me a replacement kit without any problem, so I can't fault his customer service and quick response.

Glad it's all been cleared up and would be happy to use the supplier again.

I received a reply to the same effect (suspect it's the supplier above, as I referenced the forum in my email).

As stated, the date on the kit is the sell by date (although it actually states "expiry" date, hence my concern).

I've suggested it should be made clearer - perhaps showing an expected lifetime date and a sell by date.

Having said that, the supplier has offered to send me a replacement kit without any problem, so I can't fault his customer service and quick response.

Glad it's all been cleared up and would be happy to use the supplier again.

sounds good, from your test results description it sounds like that kit was on the way out. glad everything worked out :D

I kept mine in the fridge and only got about a year out of it.

Drug test Help

I have been taking pills for 2 years started off as oc's then they started me on oc's and fentanall patch and then switched me to something called MS cotton trade name Morphine sulfate Cotton and out of the blue my doctor hit me with a urine Tox screen. me and 90% of other people that gets them from there doctor he run to soon out i had been taking the new OPS about a week up in till my appointment. am i fucked or will the test come back ok i have been buging me out since i pissed in that cup i was thinking of leaving with out taking it all u chemist PLEASE help