• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Educate me please?

milagro

Bluelighter
I went to a dispensary for the first time the other day. Having smoked on and off from coast to coast for many years I am not a newbie, or so I thought. I was not prepared for the variety and delivery systems available. I left feeling quite the idiot and completely lost as to what I should be looking for.

I am new to medicinal marijuana and wanted to try it for chronic pain and nausea. I have had it with pills and would be open to anything that helped but didn't leave me feeling tethered to some damn medication. Can someone please give me a crash course in the type of cannabis that would best suit me? Indica, Sativa, etc.

Have had chronic pain from dessicated, bulging discs, increasing arthritis of my facets, and numerous other maladies. I have tried many forms of therapy and meds that do not work. I am weary of opiates as they have become hyper regulated and lose their effectiveness over time leading to dependency, addiction, and a side of life I would rather not visit. My doc was very open minded about the subject but not very knowledgeable about what to do once in a dispensary.

Even a link to a good website would be helpful. I was overwhelmed by the choices and do not want to waste money on one type when I could be getting something that might be better suited to my needs. I am sorry if this is against BL's rules

Hey what's up. IMO a nice indica would do you justice or a CBD strain. THC and cbd are the two major cannibinoids in cannabis. THC has pain relieving properties as well as what most people call the "high". CBD has pain relieving properties as well but is also a great anti inflammatory which is good news for you. Indica's tend to produce a high level of " trichromes" which are the crystals on the bud that make it appear frosty.these trichomes house THC and also other cannibinoids I believe.

Once inside
You just ask the "bud tender" for a nice indica or say popular indica or what indica's have you been enjoying lately? Or hey what you got in the back that's indica and killing mofuckas'. The staff at a good dispensary will not rush you and answer all your questions in a friendly manner. There's a good website that shows dispensaries near you, there menu, and reviews. You go to them till you find a dispensary that makes you feel at ease and looking forward to going there. The website is a super common slang word for cannabis then maps.com in one word go there.

Edible cannabis is a great route of administration for medicating your ailments. Start slow no more than 30mg THC for your first time to avoid being to high. The edibles should be properly labeled with mg amounts and good chains are lab tested. Cbd pills are fantastic. Remember how I said its an anti inflammatory? It also has anti emetic and anxiolytic properties and is neuro protective. Cbd is not known for getting you "high" like THC but sure does not lack in medicinal value. I just told you about a couple cannibinoids but there's over 85 different cannibinoids in the cannabis plant! All of these cannibinoids have different properties but THC and CBD are the most well known, THC especially for the "high". There are also multiple terpenes in cannabis which are chemicals that are responsible for the various tastes and smells involved in cannabis. These terpenes also have medicinal value. All of these different constituents contribute to the psychoactive properties of cannabis. Where u located op?

Last edited:
I didn't think u were even allowed to source sites for some reason although that'd be super dumb. Weedmaps is a great place to checkout. I'm assuming your in the US so just enter ur zip code and see what collectives are in your area. You can look at the dispensaries menu and read reviews. You can also take advantage of local deals and coupons in the area! I used weedmaps to find my two delivery services. Now I'm set for all my medicine needs! Its a great place to show support to your favorite co-op through reviews, some places will even throw you a free gram for a review but that's usually newly opened businesses.

Og kush for sure..... Try looking for a lesser known cannabinoid CBC. Og kush should have it although I don't know what other stains and it's only in amounts like 1-2%

Indicas usually have more of a blend of cannabinoids where sativas are usually thc heavy, but some contain more thcv although that's hard to explain quickly although Durban poison is known to contain up to 5%.

Look into gw pharmaceutical first, but than cw analytical, skunk pharmacy or something, and other testing places that are promoting knowledge of cannabinoids and terpenes. I'll update with some links soon.

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/cannabinoid-info/

http://saltamonteverde.com/cannabis-information/little-info-terpenes-found-cannabis

http://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/terpenes-the-flavors-of-cannabis-aromatherapy

Finally the best last
http://berkeleypatientscare.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/SC_Labs_Know_Your_Medicine_Poster_v1-710x1024.jpg

Last edited:
I found the best strain that helps me for pain is bubba kush, an indica. Or strains high in cbd like acdc or cannatonic. Try the bubba and let me know what U think...
I've been a heavy user of pain Meds. So I've tried a lot of strains to help pain, and none worked like bubba did.

Supposedly bubba kush is high in cbd. At least a certain cut a Colorado grower has