• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles?

deos68

Bluelighter
whats up guys
a buddy phones me saying he has edibles i thought it was a high thc edible and declined saying high thc will throw me into panic mode
well the last time i toked i went into a panic where a xanax couldnt even calm me down

but he stated the candy was made from the harlequin strain and he had feedbacks of where the people did not report any head high but all of them said it was more of a body high like a powerful pain med in other words

i have GAD and panic disorder think the edibles he has might help me with my anxiety? or throw me into a panic attack again ?

Panic attacks are usually brought on by the mind. Maybe you can try breathing deeply and slowly next time. It's because of tachycardia usually. The mind doesn't like how fast the heart is beating and usually thinks it's dying.

Well that's how it is for me at least...

Edibles are usually a strong body high when prepared properly. That's not to say the high isn't gonna be heavily influenced by THC. Body high and Head high are practically the same thing just in different locations. Instead of your head feeling all the power, your body will feel it. THC is what would usually cause the tachycardia. Try to find a CBD dominant strain.

If this is the strain you are talking about then it is not what you're gonna wanna eat in edibles.

Panic attacks are usually brought on by the mind. Maybe you can try breathing deeply and slowly next time. It's because of tachycardia usually. The mind doesn't like how fast the heart is beating and usually thinks it's dying.

Well that's how it is for me at least...

Edibles are usually a strong body high when prepared properly. That's not to say the high isn't gonna be heavily influenced by THC. Body high and Head high are practically the same thing just in different locations. Instead of your head feeling all the power, your body will feel it. THC is what would usually cause the tachycardia. Try to find a CBD dominant strain.

If this is the strain you are talking about then it is not what you're gonna wanna eat in edibles.

how is that not a good strain?
the cbd in that strain is usually 1:1 cbd to thc or 2:1 cbd to thc have read with atleast 1:1 cbd to thc...as cbd wil counteract the ill side effects of thc
or am i missing something...all i got to work with right now might be able to get acdc next :)

Sorry I misread it. You're right that strain will be perfect. :)

i am not a pro by any means just a collection of data i gathered but the thing i dont quite understand is that
people say to stay away from sativa dominant strains because it can trigger a panic attack anxiety attack etc but they say this strain is good for anxiety
???
idk just looking for something else i can try instead of using xanax which i only take when im dam near hospital blund and i cant shake the panic attack on my own
i rather try high cbd based products than take benzos or before finally opening this bottle of a popular SSRI that i was given

Well this strain in particular they say you can count on the CBD to come in and even things out but that's not to say the THC won't send you into panic mode. You really just need to take deep breaths with these attacks man. It really helps. Don't let your mind get the better of you.

On Vyvanse, after taking 1 single hit of the weed it drove my bpm up to tachycardia and from there I almost had 3 panic attacks where I was convinced I was gonna croak. Just remember it's in your head, you cannot die and breathe deeply. I convinced myself out of those 3 panic attacks but it was mad scary nonetheless.

Well this strain in particular they say you can count on the CBD to come in and even things out but that's not to say the THC won't send you into panic mode. You really just need to take deep breaths with these attacks man. It really helps. Don't let your mind get the better of you.

On Vyvanse, after taking 1 single hit of the weed it drove my bpm up to tachycardia and from there I almost had 3 panic attacks where I was convinced I was gonna croak. Just remember it's in your head, you cannot die and breathe deeply. I convinced myself out of those 3 panic attacks but it was mad scary nonetheless.

have heard about the famous acdc strain ratios can be around 15:1 cbd thc think thc is under 1% thc sounds impressive heard from different sources that its like natures own version of a benzo but all i got is harlequin at the moment
last question i guess i didnt take enough xanax the last time but how effective would a benzo be to abort a thc induced panic attack or anxiety attack?

LOL.

I was in Toronto this summer gone. Hadn't smoked in a couple days and I had a couple 0.5mg xanax. So I drank a beer and then in the night a friend gave me a bong toke.

I was SO fucking high with the dumbest smile on and my heart was beating so fast. It felt good man but I was just too high. I literally ran upstairs and took 1 0.5mg and just the thought of relief on its way was enough to calm me down. And at that moment I realized your mind is responsible for maybe 85% of an anxiety attack.

Idk what else to say as that 1 pinky pill was enough for me even though it didn't even hit me as I calmed down before.

Try the breathing techniques firstly man. Makes no sense habitually taking a benzo to enjoy a weed high.

LOL.

I was in Toronto this summer gone. Hadn't smoked in a couple days and I had a couple 0.5mg xanax. So I drank a beer and then in the night a friend gave me a bong toke.

I was SO fucking high with the dumbest smile on and my heart was beating so fast. It felt good man but I was just too high. I literally ran upstairs and took 1 0.5mg and just the thought of relief on its way was enough to calm me down. And at that moment I realized your mind is responsible for maybe 85% of an anxiety attack.

Idk what else to say as that 1 pinky pill was enough for me even though it didn't even hit me as I calmed down before.

Try the breathing techniques firstly man. Makes no sense habitually taking a benzo to enjoy a weed high.

lmao thanks for the info
guess the only way to find out anything is to say f it and go in prob try it this weekend
just a concern because i need to function through out the day as i work and take care of a lot other things so i cant be high off my ass lol well.... maybe i can maybe itll make things more tolerable ha just wondering if xanax can be plan A in case Sh** hits the fan but if i can tolerate it and like its effects im dumping my xannies in the trash i hate taking it

Is your GAD and panic disorder self diagnosed?
no i went to my regular doc then i went to a different doc my mom goes to then i went to a pdoc and all said the same thing
i even took a state approved test which had like 1000 questions and i came back with gad, panic disorder, and ADD lol
for the past 8 yrs my life has been full of stress to the max i mean sometimes a bottle of patron wouldnt do it
up until 6 months ago i finally got out a horrible relationship with my ex that also contributed alot to my stress also and finally cut my stress levels to almost half and sometimes zero while good.....my doc said something interesting
my general doc said maybe my mind and body is still getting used to the calm levels now like saying my body and mind are used to the crazy lifestyle triggering the fight or flight response and after thinking about seems to be valid because when i get super pissed off or stressed out again no anxiety no panic no insomnia

i always feel on edge just looking for a better alternative to benzos which i am not fond of by any means

If it's candy I would definitely suggest NOT ingesting the entire thing if getting too high is a problem for you.

IME edibles always produce a strong, warm body high, but a decent head high accompanies it. I used to have similar issues with anxiety and weed, but with edibles you're mostly just extremely relaxed. Just remain calm, breath, and enjoy yourself.

If you have really bad anxiety or get panic attacks while sober or stoned, and even Xanax or a benzo can't calm you down don't eat any herb or smoke it. Edibles can be very strong, and it's way too easy to eat too much, and get insanely stoned.

Not just strong but the very nature of the high changes too, since THC is metabolised by the liver into 11-hydroxy-THC before entering the bloodstream. 11-OH-THC is more potent than THC and crosses the blood–brain barrier more easily as well as subjectively feeling different, with some people saying it has more of a body load and anxiety. So be cautious of edibles because they can put you on your ass so easily. They are the cause of more whities by far because people go too far and it goes on and on and on unlike smoking which passes comparatively quickly.

Not just strong but the very nature of the high changes too, since THC is metabolised by the liver into 11-hydroxy-THC before entering the bloodstream. 11-OH-THC is more potent than THC and crosses the blood–brain barrier more easily as well as subjectively feeling different, with some people saying it has more of a body load and anxiety. So be cautious of edibles because they can put you on your ass so easily. They are the cause of more whities by far because people go too far and it goes on and on and on unlike smoking which passes comparatively quickly.

so if I understand correctly(50% chance)- you are saying that when smoked/combusted/vaporized thc is metabolised by the lixer into 11-hrydoxy-THC, versus when eaten it becomes 11-OH-THC in the body and is more potent than THC and crosses the bood-brain barrier more easily ,- possibly resulting in the different feeling, and often reported heavier body load and anxiety/discomfort?

i wonder what it's like up in the brain of yours sometimes AE lol