• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles stopped working - Is this possible?

Pinehurst

Bluelighter
I'm a regular smoker, about .5 - 1g/day. I've taken edibles with mixed results, meaning, I've gotten stoned from them twice, but taken them over a dozen times. The source has been from capsules my friend made. He gave me a batch of 100 pills at 25mg/ea. Like I said, they've worked twice. Both times was like the first two times. Now, I can eat 10 of them and nothing happens, except I get really sleepy. I bought 2 packs of gummies, from 2 different vendors. Ate all 20 gummies and nothing but sleepy. What's up with me? Also, this is over the course of about a year.

Oral cannabis gains a tolerance really really quickly. This is why I only eat edibles maybe once a month, and usually no more than 2 days in a row. My girl also feels the tolerance rises really fast.

It can also depend on how it’s taken. You mention capsules and gummies, both which aren’t nearly as bioavailable as the same THC dissolved in some fat and then consumed.

Try making your own cannabutter then use that in any recipe you’d like..

-GC

Shitty bioavailability or low THC would be my guess, proper cannabutter should have the expected effect, longest I've gone on daily edible doses has been 2 weeks and I didn't notice any changes in tolerance

Individual metabolism will vary with the use of edibles. One person's experience may not reflect your own.

I have been using edibles daily for almost 7 years with minimal tolerance build up.

I use omega 3 and 6 fish oils daily and my edible is coconut oil. Beyond some batches aging and mild variations there has been minimal decrease in effectiveness.

I don't really get stoned on edibles compared to smoking, edibles increase my available dopamine under about 250mg over that I experience psychedelic effects that make my mental state visible to others. If I smoked the same amount it would incapacitate me short term or make me sleepy.

The sleep effect happening on edibles can be from overheating during production. Reaching 350F will begin to convert you THC into CBN. I do not know the correct chemical path Chem g probably has better numbers. Try to avoid overheating edibles in production. CBN has no psychoactive properties but it's a wonderful sleep aid. Old weed that has decarbed over time will produce a sleeping effect when you smoke it because it's already decarbed and turns to CBN when it heats up.

Pinehurst - I find that tolerance works both ways (smoking to edible and edible to smoking).

Taking edibles every day generally means more and more THC to get high/feel an effect.
Smoking every day, to me, slowly increases the tolerance and seems easier to reverse.
If I suddenly switch to smoking after several days of edible, it has less effect.

But yet if I switch to edibles after several days of smoking I get hammered.

Tom

You have a super high (no pun) tolerance to THC from smoking it, eating it, and if you vape it. Take a tolerance break for at least 3-4 weeks or an entire month.