• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edibles neurotoxicity question!

GM valed

Greenlighter
So,it's fairly well know that thc is not neurotoxic and it's a safe substance for the adult brain.However when weed is consumed orally 11-OH-THC is formed which is due to the metabolization of thc by the liver.The problem is i couldn't find a study on whether or not 11-OH-THC is safe or not.
Whats your fact based opinion on that matter?

cannabis is a very safe substance and neurotoxicity is the last thing id worry about. If you over-use/abuse cannabis there are negative effects, whether eaten or smoked. it can cause anxiety, panic attacks, depression, lack of motivation and lots of other problems when heavily abused for long periods but if you use it responsibly chances are you will experience benefits to your life.

You're creating an issue out of nothing. There's nothing neurotoxic about THC, CBD, or any precursor or byproduct thereof.

The only thing neurotoxic about cannabis if you hold a hit in too long.

i had too much hash oil (distilled) as edible once and it really messed with my CNS but no after-effects, so heavy body load is possible for sure but doesn't seem to have been toxic in any capacity.

i appreciate your answer,but i asked something completely different.

I understand that, but as someone else said, you're creating an issue out of nothing. Why does this concern you? What kind of person needs to look at "studies" before deciding whether to eat weed or not? What are you scared of?

THC is metabolized into 11-OH-THC in the liver even after smoked cannabis as well. the ratio is just smaller than when it is consumed orally.