• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

edibles - before or after meal?

Mafioso

Bluelight Crew
my buddy gave me a thing of some tincture that is boiled down to an oil and i was trying it out tonight.

wondering if anyone knew if it made a difference if you take it on a full or empty stomach? I know with both opiates and alcohol the effects hit quicker and stronger because it is absorbed into the stomach quicker when taken on an empty stomach as opposed to after a meal causing it to be absorbed into the food first and then into the stomach.

My guess is that cannabis won't be much different, except maybe on an empty stomach would be more desirable? I know with opiates and alcohol it's not really worth taking on an empty stomach because of the body load(nausea mostly) but I don't really see that happening with weed. I'm going to try both, but just wondering what other do, or if anyone else cares lol

Take on an empty stomach. I find eating right after doesn't hurt for me but for my lady friend it delays the trip by about 2 hours. Taking on a full stomach can both delay and weaken the effects in my experience.

Empty stomachs a must beforehand, I prefer my edibles to hit fast and strong. I then resume munching maybe an hour later. Sucks to have to work my eating schedule around the edible but its the only way I even feel it 90% of the time. First thing in the morning on a weekend is my preferred method.

Empty stomach definitely.

A tincture will be a little different though (assuming it's a glycerin tincture you're planning on absorbing buccally or sublingually). In this case stomach contents don't matter as much because you'll be holding the liquid under your tongue for maximum effects.

But still, I wouldn't even 15m before or 15-30m after, even for an oral-use liquid. For an actual food edible I'd either wait 60m or don't bother and just let the effect be mixed with food you eat at the same time.

ok thanks guys, I think in my little experimentation I would have to agree.

oh and felonious, its a tincture that has been boiled down to a thick gel like substance so I've been swallowing little dabs of it.

I've always found this to be the most effective way to dose edibles-
On an empty stomach eat your dose, wait 25 minutes and then eat a medium sized meal.

The food 25 mins in kick starts your digestive system and help process the medicine, and in my experience, always lent itself to a powerful experience.

Oh yeh I must have missed that, I make my own edibles and they are usually made exceedingly strong due to tolerance and my slower metabolism.

Unless you have zero tolerance or your exceptionally sensitive, I doubt very much they'd feel .1 -.2 from an edible preparation.

I've made edibles that kept me stoned out of my mind for ~8 hours at .2 g. Usually .3-.4 is necessary, but it's possible. Most people just make them wrong in my opinion.