• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edible Dose?

DerDiebKommt

Bluelighter
Hi everyone.

Tomorrow I plan on trying edibles for my first time. I'm getting a 250mg edible, which I know I'm not supposed to take all at first. I've tried to do some research on the proper dose but haven't found much reliable information except that 10mg is "one dose". But, some people say that 25mg is a good dose. But through some other research I've found that 25mg is like smoking a gram of flower, but I only need about 0.3g of dank bud to get high.

I usually smoke about 3 grams of flower every other week, I weigh a little over 140 pounds, what's a dose you'd recommend?
Also, how long will edibles last versus flower?

Thanks.

I would recommend 10mg to someone who not only has never done pot, but to someone who never does it either.

3 times every other week smoker makes you an occasional user, so you are not in this category.

I would recommend that you start with 25mg and wait several hours to see how it feels. Use this information to gauge how much you should take next time.

The times of the edible high can be anywhere from 2 to 16 hours.

25 mg could be a massive "overdose" with your tolerance. Not dangerous but uncomfortable. I'd start with 5 or 10 mg. Wait at least 2 hours to decide if you want more. If you don't feel it or barely feel it, try another 5 or 10 mg.

People have different natural tolerances for edibles. Some people absorb the THC better and get high from smaller amounts. 5 mg feels strong to some people, while others need 50 mg or more just to get high for the first time.

I agree with m314, however if you end up doing the "wait and take more method" DO NOT GO OVER 30mg your first time.

That should cover it. Have fun, let us know how it goes.

I took about 30 mgs In brownie form last night thinking it was an ok dose to do figureing I was gonna be home alone..Haven't smoked in a few weeks so my tolerance was way down......
BIG MISTAKE...Lost my shit...Couldn't breath my heart was pounding out of my chest..Every little noise I heard was amplified 10 fold.Everything I tried to watch on tv just seemed straight up demonic..Felt like the world and everything in it was out to do me harm.To be honest with ya I felt there was a little something extra in that brownie because I could not get my shit straight..I mean to the point I actually drove up to the ER which was a hell ride in itself..Been living here my whole life the Hospital is rite down the road from my apartment and still couldn't find my way..It took me 45 minutes before I found It just a half mile from where I live..Then Im at the Hospital I walk in to the emergency room and theres like 6/7 nurses and ambulance personal all at the desk..The only think I could say was,.The brownie,And I'm tripping balls..
At first they where actually not taking me seriously at first until they took my vitals and realized my heart was beating out of control..Anyways what they did was put me on an I.V that4contained a few mils of benzo),,,,,,After about 10 minutes of a seriously losing my shit I start to feel the heaviness reside...THANK GOD ITS OVER...

I've been smoking about 32 years, but hadn't done edibles in quite a while. I started back on edibles in August, and although I think 200 mg is my sweet spot, I started out with 17 mg and that was almost too much.

Be aware of the possibility that when you do edibles the first time, you might wake up still high or feeling a bit sluggish. Personally I think the morning after sluggishness is the perfect reason to drink coffee :)

I'm not going to be doing edibles again until the election, so my tolerance will be a bit lower. I intend to start with 10 mg.

For what it's worth, I'm 6ft, 168 lbs.

Tom

Edibles are a different drug. Not initially when you take it but once it passes through your liver it becomes delta 11 thc a smaller molecule that seems much more psychedelic then the delta 9 you normally smoke.

First time doing edibles I would always suggest an empty stomach or several hours since food so it takes an hour to be felt. On a full stomach I've waited 10 hours before suddenly I was very stoned at a very awkward moment.

Have a buddy, drugs are more fun together, if it's your first time on edibles it's good to have someone that can remind you it's weed and soon everything will mellow out.

I am in a pretty ridged eating/drug use regiment and it is working perfectly. I don't have much body mass (58kg) but if I want to trip, it is somewhere around 200mg while my regular dose is 40-50mg.

OP; start with 10 mg, wait 3 hours and try another 5 mg if you're not where you want to be. You've got 250 mg, so why not do it properly and titrate upwards.

Myself, 250 mg would get me real high for 3 hours and then sleep for 9. I'll still be slightly high when I wake up.

Fwiw, I dosed 17, 40, 54, 68, 85, 119, 170 and then 220 mg over fridays and saturdays (1 month). 160-200 mg is my sweet spot.

Tom