• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Edible dosage for newbie?

George1012

Bluelighter
I've smoked weed lots of times, been smoking off and on for a few years. My tolerance is still pretty low, about where it was when I first started. I'd take like two to three, sometimes four hits out of a glass piece and that would send me through the roof. Even one single hit gets me pretty smacked sometimes. I'd load about half a gram, maybe a third gram and smoke about a third to a half of it at a time. My buddy may be getting edible brownies with 250mg per one. How much should I eat to get about as high as I do smoking? I don't want to get too high because I enjoy having a low tolerance. It's cheaper and much better in the long term, and honestly I can't imagine getting higher then I do. If I did it'd be way too overwhelming. In 2015 I used to sit there and smoke 2-3 bowls at a time, about 10-15 hits. I don't know how I used to do that. I did that every day for months. I've had lots of long breaks off from weed since then and have never raised my tolerance back to where it was. I get higher now off the little amount then I used to smoking a higher amount. The weed was insane back then too. Btw I have eaten edibles before a few times but smoking has always gotten me much higher. Part of that reason though was I was too nervous to eat a whole one so I'd always eat half, or just a few bites.

In marijuana edibles, it is important to know the potency of your strain of cannabis so that you can accurately dose each serving. Knowing the potency will allow you to deduce how much you want to take because you will further know how much you smoke and how much of edibles your smoking would equate to.

We shall assume your cannabis is 20% THC. 20% of 1 gram (0.2 x 1,000 mg) means that there are 200 mg of THC in 1 gram of that cannabis. So then, you would need to infuse at least 1 gram to yield even 200 mg since some is lost during the whole process of making edibles. If you smoke multiple grams in a day, then you'll probably want to start at a dose of around 200 mg THC. Remember, though, that injested THC has different effects from smoked THC, so even if you are seasoned to edibles or cannabis in general, caution must still be advised.

TL;DR -- You should keep your dose under 300 mg if you are not too experienced and even less than that if you are prone to anxiety or panic attacks. All edibles are different.

^ good post. try the recommended dose for starters, best if consumed on an empty stomach

"Part of that reason though was I was too nervous to eat a whole one so I'd always eat half, or just a few bites."

Then smoke (less than normal)after eating edible -wait 20 minutes. If not where you want to be====> repeat. You'll get there.;)

I ate a peanut butter bar yesterday, it was twenty bucks. I cut it into two uneven halves, ate the first smaller half. It crept up and peaked at 90 minutes. I got a nice strong buzz but it quickly wore down after just 2 hrs, so I ate the other larger half. I think there was much more weed in that second half. It had to have been unevenly distributed. I ate that second half roughly two and a half hours after eating the first, but the first had almost completely worn down anyway. It sent me through the clouds. It tasted a lot more 'weedy.' It was home made so it probably wasn't evenly distributed. The peak lasted nearly three hours then wore down, but it offered a much deeper bolder effect then any other time I'd eaten edibles. It was probably stronger then the highs I get smoking even. I didn't think just eating that second half would work that well because the first half didn't get me very high. Hopefully I didn't shoot myself in the foot with my smoking tolerance. I was beginning to enter a different level I'd never gotten from smoking before. We'll see today when I try taking my usual 2-3 pipe hits.