EDC traumatic experience help

Aconn

Greenlighter
At EDC this year I tried acid for the first time (bad idea, I know). I had taken an ecstasy earlier and a few shots of alcohol (It gets even better). I went to vegas and snuck in with two girls who were the friends of a friend. The day before my trip these girls and I had met three other guys who let us stay at their hotel. The next day all of us went to EDC together for the last day. After I took the acid (post shots and e) I started having a bad trip to the point I could not even talk. At some point two of the guys and I got lost from the group. They kept trying to ditch me and I heard them saying they don't know me so why do they care. I only had one girls number and she had lost her phone the day before. I didn't know their last names and could barely look at my phone. I didn't know where the hotel was and couldn't make out what was real or not. I was completely terrified because I couldn't communicate. What should I have done? Should I have gone to a medical tent? I know it was very irresponsible but I feel like now I often think about what I should have done. The two guys and I eventually found them all and we went back to the hotel and it wore off. I kept tripping that I was waking up in a hospital (among other horrible visions). I had my car in Vegas but I could not have found it after I got out of the hypothetical hospital stay because I didn't know what hotel I left it at. If I had gone to the tent would I have been sent to the hospital? What should I have done?

I imagine that the medical personnel at the tent would have seen that there was no need to send you to a hospital. Many festivals now have psychedelic harm reduction services and basically all that means is someone that can accompany you through a difficult trip. I would suggest that you go back to before you ingested the acid to ask "What should I have done?" I think that making sure that the setting is right for you is he best thing you can learn to do if you are going to take psychedelics. Being only with people you barely know and taking acid while under the influence of both e and alcohol makes for a very iffy setting.

When it comes to tripping, setting and company is EVERYTHING.

I can count on three fingers the people I trust to trip acid with. Those days are behind me, but still...

So to answer your question... IMHO, you should've surrounded yourself with close and trusted friends and made sure you planned a little more thoroughly before ingesting LSD.