• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstasy is better than MDMA

Crashing

Bluelighter
Alright so i'm wondering if anyone else shares a similar experience.

Basically, back in the day before i became aware of the RC world, there was only good and bad ecstasy. Since then, i have come to discover that MDMA is actually the sought after ingredient in a drug cocktail commonly referred to as 'Ectasy'.

So later i became familiar with pure MDMA, as well as mephedrone, methylone, 6-apb, 4-MEC and 4FA to name a relevant few. I've found that my experiences on pure MDMA have been very positive and archetypal, and very similar to some pills i had back in the day. But for some reason there are a couple certain pills that really stick out in my memory as having a uniquely visual and energetic aspect that i sort of feel is missing from pure MDMA.

I've considered many variables but i was wondering what other people might think. And does anyone have any experience with both MDMA vs an MDMA/MDA combo?

Alright so i'm wondering if anyone else shares a similar experience.

Basically, back in the day before i became aware of the RC world, there was only good and bad ecstasy. Since then, i have come to discover that MDMA is actually the sought after ingredient in a drug cocktail commonly referred to as 'Ectasy'.

So later i became familiar with pure MDMA, as well as mephedrone, methylone, 6-apb, 4-MEC and 4FA to name a relevant few. I've found that my experiences on pure MDMA have been very positive and archetypal, and very similar to some pills i had back in the day. But for some reason there are a couple certain pills that really stick out in my memory as having a uniquely visual and energetic aspect that i sort of feel is missing from pure MDMA.

I've considered many variables but i was wondering what other people might think. And does anyone have any experience with both MDMA vs an MDMA/MDA combo?

Ummm Molly is ecstasy...

It all comes down to how you choose to define the term. With respect to your post, generally e=ecstasy=mdma=molly. People call those pressed pills mdma tablets too.

There are also different variations of mdma. Erowid has some good info on the differences between them. You may have tried one of those.

There are no different variations of MDMA. MDMA is 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine. There is one chiral centre in the molecule so there are two stereoisomers - (R)-MDMA and (S)-MDMA, one being the mirror of the other. Synthesis routes used to produce clandestine MDMA all give racemic MDMA as the product [(RS)-MDMA]. It's possible to synthesize a single stereoisomer or separate stereoisomers using racemic MDMA as the starting material, but it's a costly process and it hardly makes sense given that both stereoisomers contribute to the overall effects of MDMA and neither is really unwanted unlike in the case of racemic amphetamine where mainly (S)-amphetamine is responsible for CNS effects and (R)-amphetamine has unpleasant PNS side effects, yet street amphetamine is racemic amphetamine.

Ah, I'm not a chem whiz so I used the wrong adjective. My bad.

I meant that there is mdma/mda/mmda/mdmb/mdea/etc.

I've found that my experiences on pure MDMA have been very positive and archetypal, and very similar to some pills i had back in the day. But for some reason there are a couple certain pills that really stick out in my memory as having a uniquely visual and energetic aspect that i sort of feel is missing from pure MDMA.

Couple of things- For a lot of us old heads, only MDxx will ever be "ecstacy"- Methylone, the *-apbs, mephedrone- these are "ecstacy-like compounds".

Amongst the MDxxs, there are subtle variations in effect. I find MDMA to actually be kinda non-stimulating- there's some PNS stimulation, accelerated pulse, vasoconstriction, anorectic type stimulation, but I'm more likely to laze about than to run around.

I greatly prefer MDA, which gives me a lot more CNS stimulation ( still not loads) and some nice activity @ the serotonin receptors associated w/ classic psychedelia. Sounds like that might be the drug that you recall so fondly.

With any drug, you also have to consider set and setting. I'd be hard pressed to make the call over whether a particular untested dose was MDA, MDMA, or a mixture- the differences are subtle and easily overwhelmed by any other drugs in the bloodstream, or by the setting of the experience- I'm going to be much more aware of, say, minor visual distortions if I'm in a venue with lots of activity and flashing lights then I would be say, sitting at home w/ my partner. Conversely, I'll be much more aware of feelings of empathy if I'm sitting around a quiet place with my favorite people in the world than if I'm, say, trying to get through post-show scrum to meet those same people back at the car.
Being well rested, fed, and having had a good meal before dosing is going to feel different than the same dose of the same chem on day 3 of a four night stand, even if you're coming off a break of the same length.

So yeah, lotsa variables.

If you ever get a chance to sample some known MDA, give it a shot. You might like it. If you do, be aware that dosage scales up differently than MDMA, and it's considerably more neurotoxic. Read the horror stories about people who abused MDMA- all of that applies, but sooner and at smaller doses.

Couple of things- For a lot of us old heads, only MDxx will ever be "ecstacy"- Methylone, the *-apbs, mephedrone- these are "ecstacy-like compounds".

Amongst the MDxxs, there are subtle variations in effect. I find MDMA to actually be kinda non-stimulating- there's some PNS stimulation, accelerated pulse, vasoconstriction, anorectic type stimulation, but I'm more likely to laze about than to run around.

I greatly prefer MDA, which gives me a lot more CNS stimulation ( still not loads) and some nice activity @ the serotonin receptors associated w/ classic psychedelia. Sounds like that might be the drug that you recall so fondly.

With any drug, you also have to consider set and setting. I'd be hard pressed to make the call over whether a particular untested dose was MDA, MDMA, or a mixture- the differences are subtle and easily overwhelmed by any other drugs in the bloodstream, or by the setting of the experience- I'm going to be much more aware of, say, minor visual distortions if I'm in a venue with lots of activity and flashing lights then I would be say, sitting at home w/ my partner. Conversely, I'll be much more aware of feelings of empathy if I'm sitting around a quiet place with my favorite people in the world than if I'm, say, trying to get through post-show scrum to meet those same people back at the car.
Being well rested, fed, and having had a good meal before dosing is going to feel different than the same dose of the same chem on day 3 of a four night stand, even if you're coming off a break of the same length.

So yeah, lotsa variables.

If you ever get a chance to sample some known MDA, give it a shot. You might like it. If you do, be aware that dosage scales up differently than MDMA, and it's considerably more neurotoxic. Read the horror stories about people who abused MDMA- all of that applies, but sooner and at smaller doses.

Yeah i believe the pills that i thought were MDMA were probably either MDA or a mixture of the two. I was disappointed when i got pure tested MDMA and felt very lethargic with no visuals, it was basically like mephedrone XR but maybe not quite as euphoric. I was always more into psychedelics but i'm getting some MDMA in a few days and i think i'll save it until i procure the MDA as well.

Ah, I'm not a chem whiz so I used the wrong adjective. My bad.

I meant that there is mdma/mda/mmda/mdmb/mdea/etc.

they exist, but that doesn't mean that they're prevalent. in my over 10 years of partying, i've only once run into mda and never got one of the others.
most people want mdma (with a minority wanting mda) and if you've got the precursers and can make mdma, why should you bother making one of the others?

they exist, but that doesn't mean that they're prevalent. in my over 10 years of partying, i've only once run into mda and never got one of the others.
most people want mdma (with a minority wanting mda) and if you've got the precursers and can make mdma, why should you bother making one of the others?

Too true. I couldn't answer that in a knowledgeable manner. My suggestion was simply that it may have been one of those. The likelihood of that being so...well, I have no clue. I can barely titrate anything or do a pH test, so that should tell you what I know about chemistry. =)