• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc ecstasy and zoloft

justanotheraltkid

Greenlighter
hello! i'm new to this forum, though i've been lurking (on incognito, without an account) for a few months.

my friend and i made plans to take ecstasy together in about 3 weeks, he's getting the stuff from a guy who already sold him X a few times already so we know that it's good.

my question is this: i'm currently on zoloft 75mg, diazepam 4mg, and quetiapin 25mg daily. how will these interract with ecstasy and how long should i stop taking them if i plan to roll safely (AKA as safely as one can when it comes to drugs)? i've read up on the effects between SSRIs and X, most say that one can lessen the effect of the other, but i've heard nothing on these meds specifically.

the only part of my research that's missing before i actually take X is this, so i'd really appreciate if someone could help :) i know how much i should take, at least in theory (weight in kg + 50mg, for me that would be 95mg), but i don't know if i should take a few mg more for it to work as it would if i was not on any meds for a long time. i don't want to risk taking more than i should.

(also, my friend isn't on any mental health meds so i can't ask him, and the handful of my other friends that roll/have rolled X haven't been on all 3 of those at the same time while rolling.)

Zoloft might moderately Inhibit an enzyme p450 cyp2d6. Which might alter mdmas peak levels, metabolism, rate of levels going down ect.

I never took mdma and am not a doctor soo ya but might be something to look into

For me I think the biggest issue would be if I stopped my meds to take X and started spiraling because I tend to get depressed slowly then by the time I notice im too depressed to have any insight that I just need to take my meds. But hopefully that doesn't apply to you. Lol

Zoloft might moderately Inhibit an enzyme p450 cyp2d6. Which might alter mdmas peak levels, metabolism, rate of levels going down ect.

I never took mdma and am not a doctor soo ya but might be something to look into

For me I think the biggest issue would be if I stopped my meds to take X and started spiraling because I tend to get depressed slowly then by the time I notice im too depressed to have any insight that I just need to take my meds. But hopefully that doesn't apply to you. Lol
thank you!! my antideps don't usually wear off after only a few days since i've been on them for almost 2 years. i'm doing the x in 4-5 days so i think i'll stop taking my meds a day or two before.

once again, thank you for the input :)!

thank you!! my antideps don't usually wear off after only a few days since i've been on them for almost 2 years. i'm doing the x in 4-5 days so i think i'll stop taking my meds a day or two before.

once again, thank you for the input :)!
You should never take MDMA while also taking SSRIs. It will blunt the experience and can produce dangerous serotonin syndrome, which can be deadly or give permanent brain damage. It takes a lot longer than a couple days to get zoloft out of your system. Zoloft has a half life greater than 24 hours, if you've been taking it for 2 years it will take 4-8 weeks to totally flush it out of your system.

Quetiapine also will significantly dull the experience. Although 25mg is a low dose, and that one will be out of your system in a couple days due to short half life.

MDMA + SSRI + AP is a recipe for serotonin syndrome my friend. I highly suggest not taking the MDMA next week. At minimum the experience will be dulled. At worst, you could end up in the hospital.

I’d suggest considering if it is worth stopping your medication just to take MDMA.
You’d probably need to taper off the Zoloft for weeks before, and not take the Quetiapine for a night or two before rolling.
can produce dangerous serotonin syndrome, which can be deadly or give permanent brain damage
Serotonin syndrome being caused by mixing MDMA and SSRIs is theoretically possible, but there are no medically documented cases that I know of.

SSRIs will significantly blunt the effect of MDMA and reduce its neurotoxicity, but may also moderately increase its plasma concentration.

MDMA + SSRI + AP is a recipe for serotonin syndrome my friend.
This isn’t how SS works.
That dose of Quetiapine will have zero serotonergic effects due to receptor affinities. At 25mg, the only effect it has is as a histamine antagonist.
But even if that wasn’t the case, Quetiapine BLOCKS serotonin receptors. Which would actually… lower the risk of SS if anything.

Combining drugs that all have some effect or another on serotonin doesn’t mean that they will give you Serotonin Syndrome. It depends on how the drugs actually affect serotonin.

This isn’t how SS works.
That dose of Quetiapine will have zero serotonergic effects due to receptor affinities. At 25mg, the only effect it has is as a histamine antagonist.
But even if that wasn’t the case, Quetiapine BLOCKS serotonin receptors. Which would actually… lower the risk of SS if anything.

Combining drugs that all have some effect or another on serotonin doesn’t mean that they will give you Serotonin Syndrome. It depends on how the drugs actually affect serotonin.
Antipsychotics are routinely implicated in serotonin syndrome. It doesn't necessarily block it and are often a contributing factor. Blocking specific serotonin receptors does not necessarily lower free serotonin levels .

Some, such as risperidone, paradoxically can both cause it and prevent it.

hi, back again to say i appreciate everyone's input and advice!

as it turns out, i tried to sleep without the quet. tonight and i had to take 4mg of diazepam instead of my usual nightly 2mg. as far as my research has shown, i'd need to have been off of zoloft for ~6 weeks to flush it out which i haven't done. this is basically the only chance i have in the near future of taking X tho (my mother has an eye on me 24/7, but she is gonna be out of town for 4 days which she has never done before so i'm positive this is a one-time chance).

soooo... the question now is how much X would i need if i stopped taking zoloft tomorrow (23/01) and did X on the 25th?

p.s. i'm aware i really fucked the timing up with the zoloft, but the only other form of advice i had was a friend who has experience with both psych meds and X. she's also been on zoloft and quetiapine a lot shorter than i have (i think she's been on zoloft for 7-8 months, as for quetiapine idk) and is about 10kg lighter than me, so those are factors too. her cousin has a lot of experience with all that shit and he said it'd be best to taper off of zoloft for about 3 days prior and that 2 days would be enough for the quetiapine - thoughts on that?