• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Ecstacy > molly

EastCoast

Bluelighter
I want to know simply if anyone agrees on title ?

And I'm talking GOOD E (rolls, presses, etc) Now I understand Mdma is mdma no matter the form , and u should test it , Yada yada... and typically Ecstacy can have many more and usually does have more active ingridents then molly (though molly can have the same amount if not more , but I'm saying typically)

But I can't put my finger on it but since molly really hit the streets hard it has totally taken over E and for good cause since E has gotten worst over the years for the reason of profit , but it's like people forget how good , "good" rolls used to be . It felt like a diff drug in some ways...

BUT that being said why do I feel like rolls are stronger in the sense of overwhelming euphoria and mostly last much longer then molly, it's like once it hits u, u seem to peak from start to finish ! ( -and I've had grade A molly especially back in 09-10 ! and don't get me wrong molly is and especially was amazing )

I wonder if it's only the rolls where mdma is cut with meth ....or what? Idk

But does anyone agree, like if I had a chance to take some really good Ecstacy , 9 times out of ten , I'm taking the X....

Last edited:
*sigh*

ecstasy = MDMA = molly = M = MD = whatever. And yes I know you know this but the thing is if you keep making a distinction between the different names for it, you're just giving dealers an excuse to put crap in their drugs. "Molly is so much better than MDMA, it's a lot more energetic" while in reality the dealer mixed in some speed

Don't get me wrong, I know you're looking for some interesting discussion but I just don't like perpetuating that distinction between street names for MDMA. Dealers will just keep on using that distinction. I think if you have pure MDMA any difference you experience is going to be down to absorption rate, higher/lower tolerance, mood, exhaustion, set and setting, hungriness (is this a word?)... things like that. All of those factors combined can make a very big difference in the experience and effects

i don't.

...and typically Ecstacy can have many more and usually does have more active ingridents then molly (though molly can have the same amount if not more , but I'm saying typically)
this is just confusing nonsense.

from Six Simple Rules... To MDMA:

mdma is 3,4-methylenedioxy-n-methylamphetamine, an empathogenic drug of the phenethylamine and amphetamine drug classes.

molly is commonly used to describe mdma specifically in powder, or crushed crystal, form. other drugs are sold in powder form as 'molly'.

ecstasy is commonly used to describe mdma specifically in pill form. other drugs are sold in pill form as 'ecstacy'.

alasdair

*sigh*
Ecstasy = MDMA = Molly = M = E = X = MD = whatever. And yes I know you know this but the thing is if you keep making a distinction between the different names for it, you're just giving dealers an excuse to put crap in their drugs.
Quite true, but several users reported that the contemporarily synthesized MDMA produces different subjective effects from the MDMA synthesized in the 80s. That's what that thread is all about.

Of course, tolerance can explain some of that distinction but not all of it.
I was trying to compare the Raman spectrograms of the 80s MDMA with the contemparary ones, but never received a meaningful technical engagement from the users here. Perhaps this is a wrong forum to compare spectrograms.

And I'm talking GOOD E (rolls, presses, etc) Now I understand Mdma is mdma no matter the form , and u should test it , Yada yada... and typically Ecstacy can have many more and usually does have more active ingridents then molly (though molly can have the same amount if not more , but I'm saying typically)

But I can't put my finger on it but since molly really hit the streets hard it has totally taken over E and for good cause since E has gotten worst over the years for the reason of profit , but it's like people forget how good , "good" rolls used to be . It felt like a diff drug in some ways...

BUT that being said why do I feel like rolls are stronger in the sense of overwhelming euphoria and mostly last much longer then molly, it's like once it hits u, u seem to peak from start to finish ! ( -and I've had grade A molly especially back in 09-10 ! and don't get me wrong molly is and especially was amazing )

I wonder if it's only the rolls where mdma is cut with meth ....or what? Idk

But does anyone agree, like if I had a chance to take some really good Ecstacy , 9 times out of ten , I'm taking the X....

I know a lot of people who think that MDMA pills are better to/different than ecstasy, but personally I do not find this to be the case myself.

People seem to think that there is a difference between between certain batches of pills, but I think that the main difference is probably dose. 130mg MDMA is very, very different to say 200mg, and most people don't weigh their individual doses of MDMA crystal. I personally do, and as such I find them very consistent.

The only time that I've found ecstasy pills to be significantly different is when I've taken MDA, or the one time I had MDEA. But both are very rare in pills these days; I haven't seen an MDA pill in the UK in about a decade.

The only thing that I could imagine making a difference assuming that the pill is actually MDMA, is a differing onset time due to the compression of a pill; but I couldn't imagine it being that significant. I'm open to it though. :)

Quite true, but several users reported that the contemporarily synthesized MDMA produces different subjective effects from the MDMA synthesized in the 80s. That's what that thread is all about.

Of course, tolerance can explain some of that distinction but not all of it.
I was trying to compare the Raman spectrograms of the 80s MDMA with the contemparary ones, but never received a meaningful technical engagement from the users here. Perhaps this is a wrong forum to compare spectrograms.

I think that differing isomers most certainly can cause a significant alteration to the experience (I've certainly noticed this with ketamine), but this doesn't really seem relevant to any difference between MDMA pills and MDMA crystal. That would require that different isomers of MDMA were going into the pills as opposed to the crystal, and I'd imagine that the pills and crystal come from (roughly) the same manufacturing sources.

I think that differing isomers most certainly can cause a significant alteration to the experience (I've certainly noticed this with ketamine),
Indeed, but positional isomers of MDMA are really different substances, that can confuse the mass spectrometry techniques, which effectively only gauge the mass of the molecule, or its components.
Optical isomers (enantiomers) are different story, but the current manufacturing routes to MDMA do not have a propensity for making non-racemic mixtures. ...at least not that I know of.

but this doesn't really seem relevant to any difference between MDMA pills and MDMA crystal. That would require that different isomers of MDMA were going into the pills as opposed to the crystal, and I'd imagine that the pills and crystal come from (roughly) the same manufacturing sources.
There is a third variable, as well. Namely the type of MDMA salt, that is obtained from the MDMA base in the final step of the synthesis, e.g. the hydrochloride salt of MDMA might exhibit different pharmacodynamics than the tartarate salt, for example.

Anyway, I have some archival Raman spectra of MDMA from the 80s, that I could compare with the spectra of the contemporary stuff but nobody seems interested in that here.

Last edited:
I am VERY interested Glubra! Although new here I'd love to see if there is any difference.

Yes I have read that salts can make the effects vary, there is alot of talk on another forum about how MDMA citrate is definitely different from the HCl. As they say it, a longer lasting more chill experience with less of a comedown but also alot less empathy and euphoria. (Could be because more is metabolized into MDA.. Or just slower metabolism resulting in less peak MDMA levels and thus missing what we love from the experience.)

There is more I'd love to discuss, I'm personally chilling in the "impurities effect the difference" camp but am open to new ideas. Maybe hop into the thread you linked and we can talk more there :)

-GC

*sigh*

ecstasy = MDMA = molly = M = MD = whatever. And yes I know you know this but the thing is if you keep making a distinction between the different names for it, you're just giving dealers an excuse to put crap in their drugs. "Molly is so much better than MDMA, it's a lot more energetic" while in reality the dealer mixed in some speed

Don't get me wrong, I know you're looking for some interesting discussion but I just don't like perpetuating that distinction between street names for MDMA. Dealers will just keep on using that distinction. I think if you have pure MDMA any difference you experience is going to be down to absorption rate, higher/lower tolerance, mood, exhaustion, set and setting, hungriness (is this a word?)... things like that. All of those factors combined can make a very big difference in the experience and effects

This, thanks for saying it. I was gonna come out swinging.

I am VERY interested Glubra! Although new here I'd love to see if there is any difference.
Yes I have read that salts can make the effects vary, there is alot of talk on another forum about how MDMA citrate is definitely different from the HCl.
-GC
What other forum? - I don't seem to be able to post any attachments here with my data.
Maybe you know how?

Molly and ecstasy are both mdma like seriously bro.. Research your shit sometime but if anything your x is mdma and molly is a meth mix lol

i just don't really trust ecstasy pills. nowadays they're super strong so i'd always start with half and finish the rest at the peak unless i got totally floored.

i much prefer molly crystals because i can dose them myself.

tbh MDA->MDMA ;).

nowadays i mix the shulgin dose of MDMA (50mg) with a stiff dose of MDA (60-100mg) in one cap.

guaranteed intense roll each time. otherwise i'd take LSD before my MDMA so it lasts long.

i've had an ecstasy pill that hit hard and lasted long last year. i don't really buy ecstasy anymore since i found MDA and potent MDMA.