• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Eco Village Project Seeks Partner

HighTek4SexTek

Bluelighter
The project

I am a nature lover and I am seeking a partner to create an alternative way of living on a large piece of land with fruit trees and a river running through it. The project is still in its early stages and includes the establishment of an aquaponics farm, permaculture, and an existing vegetable garden. My goal is to build an alternative living space on the land, although I don't have a definitive plan at this time. It could be a mobile home, a Tiny House, a cabin, or a combination of durable and wooden materials. We will need to consider the materials used, floor plans, surface area, modularity, as well as energy supply and waste management.

The accommodation I aim to create will welcome nature enthusiasts such as campers, RVers, people in vans or converted trucks, as well as woofers. As an omnivore, I am open to individuals engaged in wellness or personal development activities, regardless of their dietary preferences. While my values of hedonism, sharing, tolerance, open-mindedness, respect for nature, and every human being are crucial to me, my primary focus is the realization of this alternative life project that respects nature and each individual.

I do not necessarily require any financial investment from your side if you share my vision for this project. Together, we can create a more meaningful, resource-efficient (in terms of equipment, natural resources, and finances), and cooperative lifestyle through various local collaborations.

If this future-oriented project resonates with you or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via direct message. Legend: the river is marked in blue, the entire land in orange, the upper part dedicated to living and activities for campers and visitors in green, and the lower part dedicated to aquaponics, permaculture, etc. in yellow.

The place is in Auvergne region, in center of France .

Area description

1684157933-istock-699221016.jpg

1684157875-capture-d-ecran-2023-05-15-152635.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

What is an Eco-village?​

An Eco-village is an intentional, eco-sustainable community, able to satisfy the needs of its members while improving the prospects for future generations.

General principles of an Ecovillage​

Ideally, it should be a settlement that is basically self-sufficient from the food point of view.

Members should be able to cultivate with the criteria of permaculture and organic farming and possibly to raise some animals in the most natural way possible.

Energy​

In an ecovillage you should build with local, natural and non-toxic materials (clay, wood, stones, straw, etc.), safeguarding the environment also through the so-called wild recovery and use integrated and renewable energy systems.

People​

The ‘individual ecology should be valued, which is why meditation, relaxation techniques, alternative therapies and different forms of creativity should have “honorary citizenship”.

Social system​

The decision-making system should be “fully democratic”, allowing all members to resolve their conflicts and divide the tasks by establishing together a more or less formalized system of rules.
In this last regard, it is worth mentioning that many communities use the method of consent, reaching a specific decision when, after careful mediation work, it is truly shared by all members.

Economy​

Finally, in an ecovillage, one should favour a type of sustainable economy, in which money circulates in the most local environment, avoiding the waste of large retailers.