• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Eating vaped weed

EntheoDjinn

Bluelighter
I've done a quick search and found nothing in this site but please punish me if I haven't looked well enough ;)

On the psychedelic forum there's a thread about eating vaped weed which has grown some arms and legs - but still leaves some questions for me. I think this would be the best place for me to ask my questions rather than derail the topic on the psych forum.

There are quite a few posts supporting the idea that eating vaped weed gives a good psychoactive effect. My concern is this: surely it depends on the temperature at which the weed is vapourised (no temperatures were discussed on the other forum). If the weed is vaped at 160 deg. Celsius (the vapourisation temp. of THC) then there should be all the CBD left (180 deg. C) - however my understanding is that this is not particularly psychoactive (hence its availability in the UK, and possibly other countries, free of contravening the legal restrictions on production, sale and possession that exist for THC, hash, weed). If eaten would this then have any effect?

Secondly, if you set the vapouriser at, say, 185 Deg. C and vape it until it appears to have no more effect - i.e. all the THC and CBD has been vapourised off - how would eating the remaining material have any effect.

I ask these questions because posts on the other forum are claiming that you can vape the weed until it almost burns and still be left with a psychoactive residue. The posters claim that mixing with nutella or butter (or similar fatty substance) helps - however this is refuted on the BL info thread on "eating cannabis".

My rational mind prevents me from seeing the logic of these claims, and in future I will try this instead of throwing away my vaped material, but I am incredibly sceptical.

Any words of wisdom from experienced people on this forum will be gratefully received.

Cheers, E

You can never vape all of the THC or other cannabinoids out of the cannabis. There's always some left. And since its been vaped it's already decarbed and can be eaten straight up without processing. I used to eat around 1-2g of quite fully vaped (uniformly brown) weed to get pretty high as fuck for a while. But actually I prefer to just smoke it in little cigarette sized joints

Thanks Terarc. That had occurred to me but I kind of thought there wouldn't really be much left. I will start saving mine and give it a go when I get to the 1.5g mark.

Can't believe I've wasted so much over the years :)

Yup, vaped weed is pretty awesome.
Definitely worth keeping and cooking (or whatever) with.

"vaping it until it almost burns"

That is technically not vaping it then is it? If it was vaped it would have no physical form.

"vaping it until it almost burns"

That is technically not vaping it then is it? If it was vaped it would have no physical form.

I guess some folks exaggerate a little due to their enthusiasm. The consensus seems to be though that within certain temperatures - and I assume this is those around the vapourisation points of THC and CBD - there is a significant residual amount left. Anyone chime in with wisdom around this point?