• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Eating Triggers The Oxycodone Euphoria

soapdropper

Bluelighter
I've noticed that every time I take my oxycodone and eat 20min - 2hr after it will have a stronger effect the moment I put food in my mouth and start chewing. I don't need to eat much or even swallow. I've been thinking about this a lot and feel like it has to do with dopamine being released in the brain when you eat something tasty. My theory is it interacts with the effects of the oxycodone already in my system to release more dopamine than intended.

I've had this happen a couple times, I usually take 10mg oxycodone every few days when I have issues with my anal fistula from my crohns disease. If I take it in the morning without food I feel a slight enjoyable feeling but sometimes feel nothing at all. But without fail if I start to eat 20min - 2 hours after taking my dose, I start to feel an increase in the euphoric effects. I usually don't even need to swallow the food but once I start to taste the food, especially somethings I'm craving, it triggers my brain to release dopamine, and since I'm taking Oxy, the effect is much stronger.

I've also noticed that after I stop eating it starts to fizzle out within 5-10 minutes, but as soon as I put more of the tasty flavor in my mouth and chew it comes right back. I could be completely wrong, but it happens every time I try. Nothing else to really say, but thought it would be interesting to let everyone know my experience and if they have the same thing happen when they do this. It doesn't seem like I need to swallow/digest the food at all, just taste something or chew something I really enjoy. I might try this with very strong flavorful gum to see if gum can simulate the same feeling as eating with oxycodone. Thanks for reading, let me know if you've had this effect as well.

I always get a better buz eating after taking. most drugs i dont bother not eatin before taking but opioids are one of the ones i fast before feast.
Damn gabapentinoids seems to get stronger the more i eat. lol from before doing to long after and everywhere in between.

Cannot reproduce these effects cause havent had any opis in a while but will keep this in mind. lots of times after eating opi i do not have much of an appetite but i always seem to get chinese takeout and gobble it up and feel the contentedness growing.

I always get a better buz eating after taking. most drugs i dont bother not eatin before taking but opioids are one of the ones i fast before feast.
Damn gabapentinoids seems to get stronger the more i eat. lol from before doing to long after and everywhere in between.

Cannot reproduce these effects cause havent had any opis in a while but will keep this in mind. lots of times after eating opi i do not have much of an appetite but i always seem to get chinese takeout and gobble it up and feel the contentedness growing.
Yeah the part I was always tying to figure out was the feeling would kick in before I even finished my first bite of breakfast, I just woke up and was feeling pain so I took 10mg of oxy, 2 hours later I didn't feel anything at all so I gave up and just wanted to eat some sugary cereal. I take a bite and chew it a little, and instantly I could feel the effects kick in and was slightly euphoric and it slowly started building from there. But the earlier I eat (not too early, around 20 minutes), the more I can keep the euphoria goin with small bits of candy or something I'm craving. But If I over do it and get full it doesn't give the same feeling as if I have a tiny piece of chocolate or something savory. I think it's probably because my body still wants more of the tasty flavor and giving it a little bit every now and then stimulates the dopamine being triggered and my bodies telling me to keep eating it, but I assume if I get too full my body shuts that dopamine trigger off.

Last edited:
I have noticed that I can not be feeling my MS Contin and start thinking I need to re dose but I eat a meal first and it kicks it back in hard,
I think there is something to this.
I have not experienced it from just putting the food in my mouth though.
I have always thought it was from a full stomach.
interesting observation @soapdropper