• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Eating Disorder? Any Other Diabetics Just NOT TAKE Their Insulin?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
This didn't really seem to go anywhere; put it here as Insulin is a drug, just not a psychoactive one. Mods, feel free to move it if appropriate.

I don't have either type one or type two diabetes. It's classed as type 1.5 which means I wasn't born with it and it's not weight or diet related. I had a very severe acute panctreatitis that destroyed 95% of my pancreas (pancreas cells are the only cells in the body capable of making/secreting insulin).
I'm supposed to take insulin once a day (Lantus) and pills twice a day (Gliclizide).
I was diagnosed 5 years ago, but after 3 months randomly went into remission (no insulin or gliclizide needed) and my blood sugars were completely normal gain. A month ago a blood test showed extremely high blood glucose levels and I was re-diagnosed as an insulin-dependant diabetic.

Now (not knowing why) I've been eating like 3000-3500 calories a day for over a year and maintain a weight of 120lbs. I took the insulin for 3 days and gained 6lbs on 1500-200 calories a dayso stopped that. I've now stopped the Gliclizide, too.

I know it's REALLY terrible for my body, but I can't be the only one who does this? Not taking insulin because it means you can eat as much as you want and still be thin, or even lose weight.

[I have a long history of eating disorders)