• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Eating Crack: Safe ... and would it work?

Pretty sure it wouldn't get absorbed cause it isn't water soluble.
And if it did cocaine oral b.a. is lower then most other options...

Only time I've heard the " if you swallow crack you'll die" is literally on an episode of cops. It's so you'll snitch yourself out an catch the destruction of evidence as well as drug possession charges.

Nikkas shoot crack everyday an aren't dead??? :p

I remember the old hip hop wars in Boise.

Made Juarez look peaceful.

SHIT, bonus points if I had points to give though, to fucking bioavailability, when I've been writing essays on gabapentin all day.
Wikipedia says (I don't have to go to pubmed when I can't read the articles anymore anyway) a whopping 33% oral. Compared to 60-80% by nose.

OP you're wasting half your stuff!

OK, no shrink, but I'd say good call not mixing OCD with stims, although you did, and do.

Problem is you "always just dissolve it in" booze. You mean coke hcl? Powder coke?

Cause I'm strongly suggesting crack won't dissolve in a drink. Pure grain alcohol maybe. If you ground it up and dumped it on your martini, it'd just float there I'd bet, and importantly RUIN the texture of a good maritini, and if it did, the pH would make it taste . . . soapy I'd guess, alkaline, crash the juniper berries right out.

The graininess might be a problem for your GI tract that the powder doesn't have.

I'd say, go have fun, but it doesn't sound like you're having any. You could fly me over maybe?

Wow! an educated Martini response with basic chemistry knowledge and some basic human empathy to boot. Can't fault that one. Obviously not tried it with crack but with powder coke hydrochloride if you agitate or let sit in a strong spirit the coke separates into some suspicious insoluble powder and an alcohol/water solution that contains the soluble part of the suspicious powder. I buy that the hydrochloride salt is going to be a lot more water / alcohol soluble and I can see crack just crumbling and sitting at the bottom glaring at me no matter how many olives or how much brine I add.

It's only a few times a year for social occassions as it has the aftertaste of flushing bank notes down the toilet but I do have no junky friends IRL and they all want to go to work (or so they say .. I don't believe them) .. so when in Rome make like a Roman. Preferred it when they all took MDMA .. but we got old.

When the space time contiuum warps so much that I have 10g of crack .. I promise I'll fly you out and we can work it out then give it a name. I reckon .. a Martini done stomach pump style .. as this one is a bit like a speed ball and it's the alcohol that will get you unless you've got a hell of a lot of money and a very shaky hand. As with speedballs if you IV a Martini it's fundamentally unsafe plus make sure you hold the Vermouth and any garnishes.

Interesting to see the discussions about whether it will dissolve. I'm sure it will to some extent and it's very wasteful with Hcl but effective and after all .. the native south american's always chewed it and coca tea is a big thing there though more like coffee or tea from what I hear. It's legal in south america as it's traditional .. mild .. kind and not crack.

I've seen the bioavailability before but those bloody pharma companies never assay the recreational forms unless they're selling it (cos they want that crack license .. guaranteed) and I was concerned about what it does to the therapeutic index. I don't really know what a therapeutic index is for but I always wanted to describe crack as "therapeutic," so you'll have to forgive me and let me clarify. Firstly that as it's less efficient to eat it the consumer will be more exposed to side effects from the drug itself which with cocaine isn't a big deal but isn't so awesome with all the active free bonus crap you get from any refined agricultural product let alone as your free (with every purchase) bonus for buying coke - and who knows what a new ROI will do to all that. Secondly as a previous poster pointed out the natural variation in sensitivity is more likely to become (not likely fatal with crack .. but quite likely either boring or unpleasant) if you do a standardised dose. The second point is obviously a joke with any form of cocaine unless you get yours in a bottle with glaxo on the front.

I do see the point about strength potentially being fatal but I'm not going in blind (or importantly .. drunk) to this one and should imagine the average dealer that manages to "hide", their stash for the coroner would be doing 10g rocks (and probably multiple). It's probably happened but it will be very rare and I'm sad for them, as this world treats them like shit and though plenty of them earn it with gold stars and extra merit you have to ask who started it and there's a lot of people that should be at the front of that queue who aren't even in it.

Anyway .. big thanks for the love and care as that is very appreciated. I'll post how crap it was next time it crosses my path (with quantities etc). I have zero intention of doing much more than I could smoke in 10 minutes anyway .. at least until I see what it does. Who knows what a crack belch is like till they do one right?

Well I'm glad you sound like you're in a better spot, and approaching this with the true spirit of a wise(r) drug adventurer and not the fatalistic ennui of Charlie Sheen shooting powder coke into his leg muscles (which he claims to have done--says it does have an effect, mainly on the ability to walk). And, the Australians let me stay sometimes, I think, if I put that "AND OF COURSE YOU COULD DIE" disclaimer in periodically. I always thought all my "advice", as originating in the US, automatically got screened and redacted by a team of liability lawyers and insurers, anyway. My personal goal in reducing harm has always been to say, "Yes, you will probably die, just not that particular way--that's not how acid works."

And the misplaced faith in my martini knowledge (an honest gin drinker would never look me in the eye) reminded me why I like gin, besides it being a clear liquor that can hide in other beverage containers easily: it goes with tonic, and the sugar-free version is what my liver and malaria craves.

Putting tonic in a martini makes it just a more-bitter gin and tonic, but I realized, I bet your crack is soluble in THAT. Or at least, more so. That quinine is really another plant alkaloid, but with a polar residue to help keep it in solution (independent of pH). It might be a better "detergent" than ethanol, for crack. Probably no where near a solid gram's worth, but it's a start.

And THEN I thought of my actual, non-gin favorite martini for those fleeting times I'm in the city with money earmarked for non-bail or drug items: vodka with Pastis. Like the other anise liqueurs out there, it will crash out suddenly if you add more than a fraction of an eyedropper at once. It tells the bartender no tip on this one, go back to school. This is unhelpful for us except to show that really, the "mixed-drink" world might be a good place to start when looking for "solutions". And even closer to home, consider the plastic-handle store brand or possibly Popov Vodka you can find always within 500 yards here. I think of it more as less-refined E85 gas; it would kill you long before the crack did, but would for sure, strip the nuggets off a MacArthur sidewalk.

OK, I really know you wanted to hear my social justice thoughts on the plight of my old city, but I have to say instead: there is an "extra" ingredient to crack that comes with either heat or oxidation, so only with smoking. Forgot the name, but it would not occur if taken orally. So then, why not a martini-crack water pipe? Produce, collect and savor that extra kick. I'm not kidding! THere's more here than I thought.

I have to say instead: there is an "extra" ingredient to crack that comes with either heat or oxidation, so only with smoking. Forgot the name, but it would not occur if taken orally.

Are you talking about Anhydrous Ecgonine Methyl Ester, AEME ? The shit that's supposed to be a partial agonist of the M1-3 Muscarinic receptors and maybe leads to DNA fragmentation / neuronal death by apoptosis & also messes up the heart & liver.

Last edited:
That appears to be the thing, yeah. Are you saying I never bothered to look up if it was actually any fun?

But, then, how could a muscarinic agonist possibly lead to DNA fragmentation (implied apart from apoptosis, too)? The wiki link itself calls it a tenth the potency of atropine, which just restocking the old children's pharmacy tells me docs have no hesitation in ordering in bulk for babies.

Knowing that crack could have some muscarinic action DOES make sense to me though--crack does have some kind of Jay Nay Say Kwa with crazy. In my limited experience.

EDIT: in my defense I didn't see that it's main "use" was as a biomarker specifically for crack, and interesting that Wikipedia's entry on it reads like a forensic brochure, while going in from the freebase/crack v. cocaine angles of drug curiosity Wikipedia pages, makes it sound light and probably interesting.

EDIT 2: (have to think about things for the dog walk) sounds extra dirty (that wiki page, which ref I haven't bothered with yet) because what besides actual apoptosis, causes DNA to "fragment" anyway? Only a sonicator in the right conditions with bare herring sperm DNA? STAR activity from the depths of the NEB catalog? What they said LSD did in the 1960's?

Last edited:
^ Yeah, you got me Wiki was one of the 3 pages I read & copped a sentence from, benzo w/d has me spaced out and lazy atm. Cannabis is supposed to cause apoptosis as well in cancer tumors but I haven't seen it that advertised in the WikiP forensic brochure yet. You can really spice up BDD Scrof.

No. I don't do drugs.
I just get talkative when I'm excited. I passed the drug screen, remember? No, that was . . . my Aunt died.

You want the best line from the Science Reports paper:
Hippocampal cells exposed either to 10−4 or 10−3 M AEME for 12 hours (Fig. 2A) showed the same pattern of DNA fragmentation as the control group (F2,6 = 4.73; p = 0.059).

Trust them though, after letting these cells soak for a whole day, oo boy, that DNA split like my beard hairs. At least, at the higher concentration (original data at more appropriate phys. levels, considering the half-life is in the fucking minute range, data not shown).

This, lay people, is the sort of science-for-hire stuff to grumble about, although I can't prove the US NIMH offers grants to Brazillian researchers with expectations to find a negative. The author cites himself for why he thought a fragmentation assay would be in order--previous research to show why crack is just so much darn worse for your brain (an example finally, I think, of the correct use of "begging the question" and a common grant-writing tool). The question mark in the title does tell you he knows it's full of shit--like a sad wink to a grad school washout bitching in a forum years in the future, saying "shut up I got MY fucking degree". Fine, I justify my whining as being self-righteous because this sort of stuff INFORMS PUBLIC POLICY.

Anyway, open access for high school students everywhere to remind us, just say no to bad science (to be fair, for now cell culture is beyond most high school fairs):
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4667193/

Fine, I justify my whining as being self-righteous because this sort of stuff INFORMS PUBLIC POLICY.

Anyway, open access for high school students everywhere to remind us, just say no to bad science (to be fair, for now cell culture is beyond most high school fairs):
[/FONT][/COLOR]https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4667193/

Like the 100 to 1 sentencing disparity between Crack and powder Cocaine that lasted up till a few years ago. Brilliant..

Have to add before they shoot me up with haldol:
The American taxpayer loves to bitch himself up about the stupid worthless grants that go to those super-wealthy science types. I try to explain where they're off with their assumptions, usually nicely. Then not, and they go back to football and it's just like junior high again.

I rotated in a lab with a fresh professor, who had to beg for his rice at the feet of agribusiness, ostensibly to work on a citrus-greening problem. But really, the work of the lab was in carotenoid synthesis pathways (as a part of a larger I didn't stick around that long). Big Orange (not Trump) money was spent to fund my brief lycopene cyclase work, and oranges are not red.

So the maligned author above was probably a mAChR guy, who had those cells sitting around, scored a small bit of dough from the US gubmit to throw crack on them and show they died, while pursuing his real research. That sort of thing is how it works, I think (they did kick me out).

BUT, it's drugs, and US drug policy, and thus global drug policy, and tears and death and discrimination and misery. So no pass for him.

Like the 100 to 1 sentencing disparity between Crack and powder Cocaine that lasted up till a few years ago. Brilliant..

Directly supported by this kind of research.
Also: how do you solve the disparity when race is so obvious? Mandatory minimum sentencing: although still with a disparity, now you HAVE to get the max.