• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Easy Fent/Dirty 30 withdrawal method

friendlygopher

Greenlighter
Like many others I have been taking fake 30s, I've tapered to roughly 3 a day. I've done some research and believe I have a method that maybe beneficial to others looking to quit. Essentially my method involves replacing the fent(synthetic opiate) with OxyContin 30s(op 30, a natural opiate). I believe if you've been taking fent and start to WD you can take any natural opiate to mask the WD for 4-7 days then quit everything and avoid much of the unpleasant WD symptoms as the fent washes out of your system. I figured others would have made similar discoveries but couldn't find much info in my searches here. I know you could take methadone but that is synthetic also and im not sure if it works on the same receptors. I've tried this but only had 7.5 vics available and gaba but I did manage to cover up most of the fent WD as the fent washed out of my system. I would have liked to take more 7.5 vics to mask the WD even better but I had to take 6-7(my sweet spot to mask most of the WD symptoms) at a time and didn't want to consume too much Tylenol. This method would only work if you had no tolerance to other opiates, only fent.

I know this sounds too easy and I've read articles of clinics using other opiates to bridge the gap before starting suboxone but haven't heard much about the science/effectiveness of switching off synthetic to natural for a short duration just to get through WD.
Add comfort meds such a gaba and weed and I think you have a recipe for success. I also can not stress enough, <><><><>EAT AND DRINK!!!<><><><> Drink water/juice, eating is hard I know...get some soups and sip on them. Eating and drinking enough gave me so more comfort after I got it down. Also 900-1200mg of gaba helped a ton with sleeping and not feeling so cold.

Please let me know what you think and if you've tried something similar and what were your results, please be very honest and critical you wont hurt my feelings. I want to get info out that can help as I believe fent is just too strong and dangerous for human consumption and don't want to see anyone on it or get hurt. Truly incredible how fast my tolerance jumped from 1/6 of a fake 30 to 7-8 full ones a day in about a month...

TLDR: Take a natural opiate to mask fent WD for a few days, it helped me a ton.

First post so please go easy on me! =)

Fentanyl and oxycodone are both synthetic opiates… If that’s what’s working for you, cool.

Welcome to Bluelight.

Like many others I have been taking fake 30s, I've tapered to roughly 3 a day. I've done some research and believe I have a method that maybe beneficial to others looking to quit. Essentially my method involves replacing the fent(synthetic opiate) with OxyContin 30s(op 30, a natural opiate). I believe if you've been taking fent and start to WD you can take any natural opiate to mask the WD for 4-7 days then quit everything and avoid much of the unpleasant WD symptoms as the fent washes out of your system. I figured others would have made similar discoveries but couldn't find much info in my searches here. I know you could take methadone but that is synthetic also and im not sure if it works on the same receptors. I've tried this but only had 7.5 vics available and gaba but I did manage to cover up most of the fent WD as the fent washed out of my system. I would have liked to take more 7.5 vics to mask the WD even better but I had to take 6-7(my sweet spot to mask most of the WD symptoms) at a time and didn't want to consume too much Tylenol. This method would only work if you had no tolerance to other opiates, only fent.

I know this sounds too easy and I've read articles of clinics using other opiates to bridge the gap before starting suboxone but haven't heard much about the science/effectiveness of switching off synthetic to natural for a short duration just to get through WD.
Add comfort meds such a gaba and weed and I think you have a recipe for success. I also can not stress enough, <><><><>EAT AND DRINK!!!<><><><> Drink water/juice, eating is hard I know...get some soups and sip on them. Eating and drinking enough gave me so more comfort after I got it down. Also 900-1200mg of gaba helped a ton with sleeping and not feeling so cold.

Please let me know what you think and if you've tried something similar and what were your results, please be very honest and critical you wont hurt my feelings. I want to get info out that can help as I believe fent is just too strong and dangerous for human consumption and don't want to see anyone on it or get hurt. Truly incredible how fast my tolerance jumped from 1/6 of a fake 30 to 7-8 full ones a day in about a month...

welcome! great start in posting, my issue was i started using dirty 30`s cause i could no longer get oxy roxy, norco, everything dried up, and what roxy i could get they wanted to charge 40 dollars a pill, where i could get a d-30 for 7 dollars a piece, i really was clueless and ive paid pretty dearly, but I WD cold turkey from them, had a few(14) tramadol but yeah, i just wretched it out and did my best to treat it like a flu bug, so yah got some good advices, i didnt sleep for 6 days str8, i should have asked for help, but i needed to super punish self my way, to learn my final lesson, think i got 10 months off them, im bad at time, its all a blur

i took about 70/90 a week

Fentanyl and oxycodone are both synthetic opiates… If that’s what’s working for you, cool.

Welcome to Bluelight.
what isnt synthetic? just pure poppy resin? opium? the rest are all derivatives eh? imma learnin

what isnt synthetic? just pure poppy resin? opium? the rest are all derivatives eh? imma learnin
Codeine, morphine, & heroin are direct products. Each one in that list requires a different process to refine. However, oxycodone requires actual chemistry to be manufactured. It requires a precursor and chemistry skills. Whereas manufacturing morphine from opium gum is a fairly straightforward process.
Article on how oxy is made.Morphine and heroin production. Are linked if you want to read a bit more.

I think that @friendlygopher was saying that bc oxycodone is derived from thebaine, which comes from poppies, it is also a 'natural' and therefore cleaner or better way to taper... The whole 'natural stuff is better for you' argument doesn't hold as much water when we're talking about drugs. Obviously that's a highly personal opinion, but hey. If friendlygopher returns, I apologize for being an asshole in my initial response to you.

@VerbalTruist Yes all im really getting at is switching to something "natural" seems to help significantly. I see many ppl struggle with tapering down using only fent, but once you switch and essentially purge yourself of it I think youll find it easier to maintain the course and start something like subs.

Random side note I spoke with someone working at a detox clinic and they told me methadone would do nothing for fent WD, I thought it was BS but can anyone clarify why it wouldn't be effective?

Natural, synthetic, or semi-synthetic doesn’t make a difference. What really matters is potency, binding affinity at the different types of opioid receptors, half-life, whether a compound is a full or partial agonist and whether it also has some antagonist properties or activity at other receptors.

I could see Fentanyl being hard to taper itself mainly because of the short half life. it is generally much easier to taper after switching to something with a longer half life.

@VerbalTruist Yes all im really getting at is switching to something "natural" seems to help significantly. I see many ppl struggle with tapering down using only fent, but once you switch and essentially purge yourself of it I think youll find it easier to maintain the course and start something like subs.

Random side note I spoke with someone working at a detox clinic and they told me methadone would do nothing for fent WD, I thought it was BS but can anyone clarify why it wouldn't be effective?
It would be effective. However, I would recommend Suboxone. Methadone can be insanely hard to come off of.