• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Easiest way to transistion to subutex after heavy opiate use

Tim turnup522

Greenlighter
I once tried to start subutex when I thought I was in WD, big mistake that was. I was so sick for 30 hrs I didn't know what to do. I found a little trick that works for me when wanting to start on Subutex and not get sick for the first few days while your receptors kick out all of your opiate you had been using. I dont recommend, but if your in a jamb and can't miss work and want to start your Sub with ease instead of discomfort then do the following. 1.) Cut back heavily on your opiate use. 2.) I suggest adderal, but coke will work too just more expensive. For 3 to 4 days take adderal to function (not to get high). This will keep you from being dope sick, while eliminating what you have on your receptors. 3.) On day 4 or 5 take 2-4mg of Subutex to help ease the anxiety of adderal. By this time, you should be good to go and not have to worry about being sick from the subutex booting the opiates completely from your receptors all at one time. 4.) Wake up and take a small 2-4mg dose of subutex, try not to use anymore adderal unless you are in agrevating pain. By this point you should be free and clear from any precipitated WDs and if your like me, I don't enjoy the adderal very much anyway. So def stop taking that immediately. You are now in the clear and just need to find what dose of Subutex levels you out and then Stick to the plan and begin cutting back slowly.. I dont care what anyone says, jumping from .25 sub or less is not that bad. So dont read into all the BS you hear. Just take your time and taper down slowly, this is not a race. When you do jump off the sub drink a lot of water, take 4-6 Immodiums as needed and within 4 to 5 days you will feel normal again..

Hey there Tim, and welcome to Bluelight. We're very happy to have you here. Now, as you get acquainted with the material that we like to grace our forums, I will be your guide. So, the issue with making "guides for withdrawal" is that everybody is so different and different things make different people comfortable.

For the record, I highly recommend against stimulant and/or Alcohol use during Opioid withdrawal. The consequences are not fun.