• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Early adderall psychosis?

Drug vet

Bluelighter
Hello! I hope this is the right place to post this please correct me if it?s not I?m new. So I get less then 20mg of adderall xr a day and I usually take about 30-40 for a nice buzz, but in the last few days I?ve been taking around 40-65 mg everyday, I slept decent for the last few days I?d say maybe 5-8 hours some night where bad sleep others where good. But 2 days ago woke up and took 60 mg and then later in the day I took more not sure how much and I was not able to sleep, so when morning came I took another 30mg and I felt like shit all day very tired sleepy dysphoric, I later that night (which was yesterday night) went to bed and fell asleep quick and slept in tell I got called into work early in the morning which I was not expecting... even though I got about 6 hours of sleep I took 45 mg of adderall and went to work I felt fine when I came home at around 3pm today I started feeling like garbage almost like I got no sleep at all, I felt shortness of breath tremors lethargy and decreased cognitive function and also my speech is disorganized. Is this just sleep deprivation or early stage of psychosis? Anyone have any suggestions to make me feel less shit? Sorry for the long paragraph I?m bad at explaining things.

This definitely sounds like problematic early warning signs. It is absolutely essential to get a full and proper night of sleep after using adderall. If this is a problem for you then you need to make sure you don't take it more than every other day.

Vitamins, water, good healthy food, and exercise are your friend.

Please note amphetamine psychosis can still occur if you get enough sleep. I remember if I started smoking meth first thing in the morning, by the evening, things were already getting weird, hallucinations and what not. Be careful. Maybe try to stay on your prescribed dose.

Thanks for the reply?s everyone! That day I fell asleep and slept for 10 hours and didn?t take adderall and eat lots of good food and drank plenty of water but all day I still felt so tired probably due to the withdrawl.

Those symptoms sound like sleep deprivation, not psychosis. Psychosis is when you start hearing voices that aren't there, start seeing shadows in your peripheral vision, and start assuming coincidences are a conspiracy.

Do keep what Pickledlemons said in mind though:

Please note amphetamine psychosis can still occur if you get enough sleep. I remember if I started smoking meth first thing in the morning, by the evening, things were already getting weird, hallucinations and what not. Be careful. Maybe try to stay on your prescribed dose.

I had a period of about a month or two of amphetamine psychosis when I had a problem with meth (life circumstances lead me to using it as an escape). I was sleeping every other day, smoking every day multiple times a day. Got deep into prime number research, and trying to "reverse engineer" the universe as if it were software (Blackholes = Garbage Collection memory management lol). Ended up wondering if I was god, and then strongly trying to convince myself I wasn't. Felt real as shit though.

In hindsight, was a fun experience, would repeat again if I had a good 6 month period where I didn't need to earn money or have any responsibilities. 3 month ramp up (took a couple months of continuous usage to get there), 3 month recovery (it took me about that long). Don't want to lose my job, car and apartment again like that time -_-.

I don't t know if you drink caffeine or smoke that can play into dopamine overload. And than there's also the elimination half ( it will accumulate day by day at high doses. The only other thing I can think of is genetics, or experiencing a extreme stressor. Take a break, lower dose, eat, sleep, abstain from caffiene, would be my advice.

Vitamin c also will excrete some of the amp.