• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

E.R. visit needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

f8tlstnr

Greenlighter
My wife and I decided to "up" our game by getting syringes and watching a couple"how to"youtube videos. on injecting Crystal Methamphetamine. Ok here's the details...
We decided to "shoot" ourselves, and did not want to watch each other. I went to the bathroom and completed the task without many compilations. When I went to check on my wife's status, I found the complete opposite. She had punctured herself in at least 10-12 different locations. The tourniquet that was applied was so tight that her arm (from the elbow down) was bright red. The needle was full of blood and seeping , and the vein that had most recently been used (which was located on the top of her left hand) was bleeding a DARK colored blood. Now approximately 24hrs. have passed and her hand, and left leg are swollen. She has complaints of kidney pain, as well as, burning sensation in extremities. She has only been able to pass urine once in the last 20+ hours. We are scared to answer any questions the E.R. may ask, but don't want to make things worse by not being treated. Any suggestions? Is this an emergency?

Last edited:
Anytime you think an visit to the emergency room might be warranted, go. Do not post on the internet, just go.

ED staff aren't super interested in your sex life and are trained to act clinically about such things, meaning recording data without judgment. I'm not going to say you won't feel judged or the like. I'm saying if you need to go, just go. Ambulance or car to ED, I'm not seeing any obvious viable alternative.

Do not hesitate when life or long term well being are involved. Just get to an ED or call emergency services. Usually 911 in the US. I think 999 in a lot of Europe but I'm not sure.

If you suspect that you have a medical emergency then please seek medical help. If I was in pain and suffering then I would much rather answer a few uncomfortable questions and get the help I needed than suffer at home not knowing what was wrong. (I actually went to A+E / hospital after a very heavy night out, told them what I had taken, what I was on and honestly they were not bothered at all).

Bearlove

YESSSSS. Go to the ER, no matter any doubt you have. Veins being punctured causes much more damage than most people think so she could be in a great amount of danger. Best of luck.

Go to the ER. I don't want to possibly prevent you from using Bluelight in the future, but you lack the common sense required to use recreational drugs safely. If you are experiencing complications from your first attempt at IV drug use and the first place you go for help is an online forum, then you've got problems other than just swelling and redness.

You really need to evaluate the decisions you two are making before one of you gets seriously hurt. You need to step up and say that your wife's safety is more important than her embarassment.You can't be charged in the United States or any "Western" nation that I'm aware of, for having used drugs in the past.

Anyone who happens to be reading this should be aware and have no question that when you suspect a complication from parenteral drug use, the only safe course of action is to seek immediate medical attention.

Yeah dude seriously go to the hospital! You're probably (definitely) just being paranoid! They can't do anything legally. At least they never do AFAIK. Keep us updated!!!!

If your wife's condition hasn't improved by now, take her to the hospital. We can't make a diagnosis over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.