• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

E-Cigarettes, Used to Smoke Marijuana, Spark New Concerns

spini4

Bluelighter
It’s easy these days to spot people smoking electronic cigarettes – the battery-powered, pen-sized inhalers marketed as cleaner alternatives to their traditional tobacco-packed counterparts.

What may be harder to detect, experts say, is what exactly is inside some of those discreet devices.

More and more, people are smoking marijuana out of e-cigarettes and vapor pens -- right out in the open with little or no fear of getting caught, users and experts say.

"I was on the train from New York to Baltimore and I enjoyed the pen the whole way there and back with no one noticing," said one life-long marijuana user who asked not to be identified. "I absolutely was thinking 'This is not bad at all.'"

Marijuana laws have relaxed nationwide in recent years, with Colorado and Washington legalizing its use and more than 20 other states either allowing it for medical purposes or decriminalizing possession of small amounts of the drug. Experts say drugs and drug products made for people using marijuana legally are increasingly finding their way to those who are using them illegally.

That includes marijuana in the liquid and wax forms most commonly used in e-cigarettes and vapor pens, they said.

"Marijuana is still widely smoked in its flower form, but this is a new way," said Bobby Black, senior editor of the New York-based marijuana lifestyle magazine High Times. "The younger generation is embracing it the same way rock and roll was around and then it was replaced by heavy metal."

Black says in the year since he first reviewed e-cigarettes and vapor pens in his magazine, the story has been one of the most popular features on the website.

Experts say marijuana doesn’t emit the telltale odor when it is smoked, in liquid or wax forms, in an e-cigarette or vaporizer. What’s more, since there is no flame, it’s easy for the user to stash in a pocket right after taking a puff.
Read more at: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/investiga...uana-Vapor-Pens-Smoking-I-Team-227269001.html

Aw SHIT!

So like...people could be doing something around me that has no effect on me, without me noticing it?

I can see the problem.

^ lmao, right?

also, theyre trying to say that hash oil or hash has no odor when vaporized?? bullshit, sure it doesnt reak as bad as burning weed, but it sure as hell has a smell

So like...people could be doing something around me that has no effect on me, without me noticing it?

I can see the problem.

the problem is if people are committing victimless crimes , then you need to be able to identify the criminal since there is no victim , if you can't tell if a criminal is committing a victimless crime then how can you tell that the criminal is committing a crime, or that they're even a criminal in the first place.

How can you have a war if you can't identify an enemy.

E-cigs are going to end up banned so stock up if that's your thing. works with more than weed too.

Aw SHIT!

I can see the problem.

How awful Hahaha Brilliant!

This is great news, I'm gonna fucking try it. How much do these things cost, I don't now nor have I ever smoked tobacco, my weed is smoked pure. But hey, if I could stone up in a restaurant, for instance, I might eat out more & contribute to the economy!