• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

E-Cig Vapor can Contain Toxic Metals

Nicotine is "toxic" in the sense that the absolute dose needed to cause injury or death is quite low, but assuming there is no potency variation due to quality issues (as seen with street fentanyl), this doesn't really have any relevance in regards to how acutely "dangerous" or "harmful" nicotine is. The therapeutic index is the correct gauge to use, and I doubt that nicotine's therapeutic index is all that different from that of caffeine. When's the last time you heard of a tobacco smoker dying of a nicotine overdose?

IIRC the liquids are pretty variable with respect to what is claimed on the label and whats actually in it. At least readymade off the shelf ones.

And IMO the main worry, bar some poor fool trying oral admin etc. would be spills, given many people are likely to be quite unaware of how easily nicotine penetrates the intact skin and can transdermally poison someone, it wouldn't take all that much liquid, IMO, if someone just assumes 'oh, fuck, spilled it, lets get back to making a batch again' and doesn't scrub up, in order to off some cunt. The PG etc or in shitty liquids, glycerin as well, wouldn't surprise me if transdermal uptake would be enhanced.

Nicotine is "toxic" in the sense that the absolute dose needed to cause injury or death is quite low, but assuming there is no potency variation due to quality issues (as seen with street fentanyl), this doesn't really have any relevance in regards to how acutely "dangerous" or "harmful" nicotine is. The therapeutic index is the correct gauge to use, and I doubt that nicotine's therapeutic index is all that different from that of caffeine. When's the last time you heard of a tobacco smoker dying of a nicotine overdose?

Doesn't it?

With the onset of vapes, people can intake larger amounts of nicotine than they otherwise would from cigarettes.

Some people went with the highest nicotine dosage, and vape way too often and ended up experiencing headaches, etc. from consuming insanely high dosages of nicotine per day.

Yeah that's pretty much what I was going for.

Thanks for the bummer info :-( but best to be informed so while I'm vaping I KNOW I'm getting cancer instead of just assuming