View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives DXM

funkm8sterflex

Bluelighter
I just took 200mg of dxm. Was wondering if I was going to get any euphoria out of it. I got the wrong box at cvs. I’ve taken a lot more before and tripped pretty hard but don’t remember how much exactly. Just gonna wait and see how it goes and what happens. If I can, I’m gonna try to get more asap.

Make sure it's just dxm only. Other types can be bad for you especially acetaminophen.

Ok. I’m thinking about buying some on Amazon that are just DXM. The ones I took has guaifenesin also. Still a pretty worth it for what I was able to get today. Decent high with some mild euphoria(200mg), overall pretty good. Only thing is I’m at a sober living and don’t know where I would get the DXM shipped to. Pretty sure they wouldn’t want me having that here. I’m going to get the purple box next time (30mg) DXM per capsule. With that I can go to the store and get those undetected.

Last edited:
I’m trying to get more I just can’t leave this place (sober living) unless I’m with someone. I’m kinda still on restriction so I’ll see if I can send someone to the store for me.

I'd be sure to read the reviews first. Some Amazon vendors have tons of negative reviews about inconsistent doses in the pills. I'd go with Robogels from cvs even if I had to wait. This book helped me get on my own after quitting benzos:

DXM has sometimes reverse tolerance, means you get more out of repeated dosages than a single one after a period of abstinence. In my teens I was an avid user of DXM, then forced to abstain because of my driving license, and when I dropped some DXM again I got just a slight drunken-like feeling and remember asking myself why I ruined so much for such a shitty chem. But I did more nevertheless and the magic came back. On the peak of my DXM time I was using just 75mg in the morning and was high all day long. This has been many years ago. If I took 75mg now I'd feel nothing at all.

DXM has sometimes reverse tolerance, means you get more out of repeated dosages than a single one after a period of abstinence. In my teens I was an avid user of DXM, then forced to abstain because of my driving license, and when I dropped some DXM again I got just a slight drunken-like feeling and remember asking myself why I ruined so much for such a shitty chem. But I did more nevertheless and the magic came back. On the peak of my DXM time I was using just 75mg in the morning and was high all day long. This has been many years ago. If I took 75mg now I'd feel nothing at all.

! I've never heard anyone else say that DXM is stronger with repeated/frequent dosages, but that was absolutely the case for me. I used for 2-3 years, and part of why I kept going so long (even though I knew it would ultimately destroy my tolerance for good) was because I realized that if I took a break, I was suddenly getting way less out of my trips when I started again.

Unfortunately, actual tolerance does catch up eventually ;; Or rather, the "magic" vanishes. Part of me wants to convince myself that if I just started taking it constantly again, the magic would come back, but......... I try not to get my hopes up

Ok. I’m thinking about buying some on Amazon that are just DXM. The ones I took has guaifenesin also. Still a pretty worth it for what I was able to get today. Decent high with some mild euphoria(200mg), overall pretty good. Only thing is I’m at a sober living and don’t know where I would get the DXM shipped to. Pretty sure they wouldn’t want me having that here. I’m going to get the purple box next time (30mg) DXM per capsule. With that I can go to the store and get those undetected.

You gotta watch out for the guaifenesin ones too. Those aren't really going to destroy your organs, but apparently it can cause a lovely time of just vomiting constantly for hours.

Consider hunting online for pure, or for extraction methods.

None of this reverse tolerance stuff holds up if you're thinking BIG.

You gotta watch out for the guaifenesin ones too. Those aren't really going to destroy your organs, but apparently it can cause a lovely time of just vomiting constantly for hours.

Seconding this, guaf makes all the nausea/vomiting/intestinal problems DXM causes much worse. Try to go freebase, or at least find an HBr or Polistirex source that doesn't have other active ingredients.

OP, if you're determined to go down this road, be smart, take care, even though it's far "safer" than most other drugs there's no sense in needlessly suffering more than you have to. And I don't know much about your living situation, but I hope this doesn't end up putting you in a difficult spot

DXM isn't very euphoric in my experience, I've done it more times than I could count too lol

-Baphomet
:vampire: :vampire: :vampire:

Unfortunately, actual tolerance does catch up eventually ;; Or rather, the "magic" vanishes. Part of me wants to convince myself that if I just started taking it constantly again, the magic would come back, but......... I try not to get my hopes up
Yeah, once methoxetamine and then deschloroketamine were out and openly available I've switched to them instead of DXM because of subjectively cleaner effects. These don't share the reverse tolerance of DXM and I quickly built up some tolerance - way faster than I felt with DXM but I didn't care because they were cheap and potent. But after some time I decided to order some DXM again and tried 600mg which should at least have had some effects. It had, but not what I expected. There was a complete lack of dissociation, instead auditory hallucinations (hearing voices). It was scary and I curled up in bed, thankfully sleep arrived soon. I wonder what the fuck happened there, I never had psychotic symptoms from any dissociative before. DCK worked as expected. I had some sleep deprivation during that time which brought up whispers in white noise (running water or fans) but never full on voices.

So yeah, the magic goes lost with DXM and I don't know whether it comes back. I have now been abstinent for 2+ years with one exception where I had a cold and got DXM syrup from the pharmacy (their recommendation, I didn't ask for it but when I had it, of course despite the fear I had to down a higher dosage than recommended. Finished the 300mgs in 2 days and got some slight dissociation. No voices.) So maybe the magic is back. I am tempted to buy more syrup and test it but I also know this would bring my old disso addiction back and I am currently living with an (un? fortunately) anti drug girlfriend and I can't just use with her around. Maybe for the better.