• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Dxm

OpenGtuning

Bluelighter
I just wanna see if I'm understanding this correctly. I'm almost positive that I'm defiecient in the cyp2d6 enyzme. Thus a poor metaboliser. Codeine does nothing for me.
With regards to dxm my understanding is that it will be metabolised via different pathways. As the cyp2d6 enzyme doesn't metabolise much if any dxm the trip may be longer and more disassociative than psychedelic.
Care must be taken with dosage as it will be easier to reach toxicity.

Yes, you got it.
If you are a poor metabolizer, don't take it, even one lozenge can make you trip and a few can potentially fuck you up for a whole day/ a few days

Last edited:
Have you taken any medicines with low does of DXM before? My friend with this deficiency actually tripped the fuck out on a normal dose of Nyquil which I'm pretty sure only has 30-60mg.

If you have and have been fine:
I'd say just start with 100mg of DXM and work your way up by adding another 50mg each time until you find the sweet spot.

If you haven't:
Just try a normal dose of Robitussin.

Cheers.

DXM half life in extensive metabolizers: 2-4 hours -> most is converted to DXO (the good stuff)
Poor metabolizers : 30 hours -> Very low concentrations of DXO are achieved, more side effects because of the high concentration DXM