• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM What Should my Next Dosage be?

cioaoml

Greenlighter
Hey guys, decided to try DXM for the first time today. I was scared that I might be enzyme defficient so I started with an initial dose of 7 gel caps. I didn't feel anything much after an hour, so knowing I wasn't defficient I consumed 8 more gel caps. Being 60kg (132lbs) I expected to reach somewhere in the 2nd plat. However, I barely felt anything. I felt a little strange but nothing more, I think music sounds a little better but not much. I feel like I'm low 1st plat instead of 2nd plat. I also hadn't eaten 4hrs prior.

Did the hour in between my doses make a difference?

If I'm aiming for a mid 2nd plat what should my next dosage be?

Is it normal for someone to not feel any effects of a 225mg dose with no prior DXM experience??

Thank you and have a good day:)
Looking forward to using this drug and want to give it another chance.

0:00 - 7 (105mg)
+1:05 - 4 (75mg)
+1:20 - 4 (75mg)

You shouldn't assume that after an hour of feeling no effects that you are safe to take more, lots of drugs naturally take longer to kick in and this kind of mentality can cause you to OD or be thrown into an intense and unwelcomed experience.

If you want to take it slow and ease yourself into an experience then keep trying 75-100mg higher dose each time. You seem to have a regular reaction to normal doses of DXM so i'd suggest following DXM dosing charts depending on what plateau you want to get to.

As you've implied OP, I think that it's likely that you're enzyme activity or some other innate biological mechanism is preventing you from experiencing full dissociation from Dextromethorphan (DXM). The effects of recreational DXM usage are typically divided into levels or "plateaus", as opposed to being linear, but, you should feel something from the dosage that you've taken.

Kindly, respond with your results. The anomalous nature of your case could actually prove useful for other members of the community. There is a dearth of information regarding folks with strange enzyme activity and how this effects drug metabolism. It's out there, but for a lot of us (I don't really metabolize Codeine into Morphine), when we don't experience the expected results from our usage, we don't have a lot of medical information indicating what exactly is causing the issue.

Hey guys, just wanted to give a little update.

Waited for hours to see if anything would happen but still didn't notice any effects.
225mg for a 60kg person should be a second plateau trip, but felt nothing.

It's almost like I'm immune to it or something.
First time taking any kind of psychedelic or dissociative so can't say if I'm tolerant to them or not.

Going to try maybe 325mg in a week or so.

It could be due to how you staggered the doses. Next time plan out exactly what dose you are gonna take and take it all at once.