View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dxm w/ Doxylamine Succinate?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Is it safe to take dxm and doxylamine succinate for a trip? I tried it out last night and went for the first plateau (first time dxm tripping), and it worked okay except for some stomach discomfort and tiredness. That was 150mg dxm hb and 60mg doxylamine succinate, would it be safe to take a higher dose?

Absolutely not, it was very dumb to even do a first plateau dose with that in it. It must be dxm only, or you need to extract the dxm.

Do not do this, doxylamine isn't safe to take in high doses. Plus it makes you really tired. Find something with DXM only!

I'm in a state where there is nothing I can find with just straight dxm in it, I was surprised to actually find a product without guaifinesin in it. But from what I can tell from research 60mg doxy is a safe dose, it'll just make you tired.

60mg may be safe, but that doesn't mean a higher dosage is. Google doxylamine overdose stories, there are some scary tales out there.

60mg may be safe, but that doesn't mean a higher dosage is. Google doxylamine overdose stories, there are some scary tales out there.
I decided to drop the doxy + dxm hb syrup for a pure dxm-polistirex syrup. I tried it out last night and I was very very happy with the result (300mg, high first plateau I think). Oddly enough though it started to fade out at around 4 hours, but since it was polistirex I expected it to last until noon the next day since I dosed at 10pm. Any idea why that might be? I loved the effects though, it progressed from an opiate-like body high to a ketamine "high".