View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM tripping = Throwing up?

xerosene

Greenlighter
So I really enjoy Dextromethorphan tripping but I always end up puking my guts out. Sometimes I just put my big ass skullcandy headphones on and, just enjoy hugging the toilet bowl and throwing up as part of the trip.

I do strait dxm (usually Zicam cough max) on an empty stomach, for best results. Is there a good solid way to get rid of the nausea that I just haven't uncovered?

Last edited:
Stop taking DXM. Stuff can fuck you up pretty bad with chronic use. I'd say go find some mushrooms and take them only on occasion. I have a friend who has serious health issues as a result of chronic dex use.

yeah and it makes you feel "stupider" after heavy use i binged for about a month, bad Idea. It makes you uke because it's thick nasty stuff, and probably worsened by the fact that you have an empty stomache. You probably drank too much and your budy is trying to help itsself by expelling the poison, similar to why one might uke from drinking alcohol.

I wouldn't call it "tripping" so much either, you get a feeling of being seperated from reality and minor hallucinations basically because it causes like a form of chemical psycosis or whatever you might call it.

It's also plain bad for you. I'll admit I'm stupid and still do it time to time (almost did it tonight but took care of my morphine stash instead) but its not the sort of thing one should do often. Last time I did it there was snow outside, so realistically I wouldn't be too worried cause it's probably been at least 9 months or so. Sounds like you do it a lot more than that, I'd take it easy a while if i was you. It's been thought to be linked to brain leisions and stomache bleeding. Too high of a dose will also cause depressed breathing and if one looses conciousness in this state it can be bad.

I like the above listed idea, try some real drugs instead of harming yourself.

try lining your stomach with a light meal before you dose. i've puked my guts up for a good 30mins on an intense DXM trip because i hadnt eaten and drank about 5 pints of cider with it. it was the cider that put me over the edge but i've been nauseas before from having an empty stomach and dosing. it might be the cough mix thats making you ill as well so why not try an alternative formulation?

moving over to BDD

Look through all the stores where you live and find the gel caps!
These are awesome.. Though hard to find sometimes.
Once you do these, you never want to drink to get high again. The caps is such a cleaner high. When I drink the syrup, the next day I feel like crap. When I did the caps I felt actually awesome the next day.
And you don't get all the sugar and colorings and starches which are bad for you.

And the brain damage thing has never actually been proven in humans. The olney's lesions was shown in rats to have reversible changes in two small areas of the rat brain.

Just go to erowid or wikipedia.
It has good info.

And the brain damage thing has never actually been proven in humans. The olney's lesions was shown in rats to have reversible changes in two small areas of the rat brain.

Just go to erowid or wikipedia.
It has good info.

Heh I second that I actually learned a lot about dxm from erowid and wiki a while back myself :)
And I know that it was never technically proven, but personally I still try to be caucious when it carrys a possibility of something like that.

yeah dude DXM tripping is like middle school, high school shit, that stuff is not good for you, just get real drugs man

What is with all the people knocking DXM? Just because you haven't had good experiences with it doesn't make it a garbage drug. The guy is asking for help with nausea, not your opinion on drugs.

OP I have no suggestions for you. I do a lot of dxm and the only thing I have found to work is throwing up. I find whenever I eat something along with it that it will really dull the experience down.

Well I guess I forgot to add, the fact that I don't really do it very often, compared to how much I smoke some danky dank, or snort oxycottin. But I still really enjoy the type of connections I establish with this whole other new world. But I understand If I keep doing it, I'll probably loose interest in that other world, and DXM will become boring. I just wondered about the nausea for when I do it again.

And if I had a job, wasn't 16, and could afford to buy an ounce of shrooms right now, I would. But I guess untill next weekend, I'll makeup all my missed schoolwork, and stick with throwing down every night for bud again.

EDIT: I LOVE EROWID!

I've never used Zicam to robotrip, but every time I take the coughgels I end up throwing up. In order to not thrwo up, I have to drink one of the liquids. Neither Robitussin Cough Long-Acting nor Delsym has ever made me puke, so those are what I use.

Keep an eye on your sugar level; the only time I've thrown up is from having lots of sugar in the belly prior to using syrup. Concurring with Leftwing, a light, healthy meal about 45mins to an hour before dosing should help. Two hours before if you worry about diluting the experience.

And if your really good about sugar for a day, treat yourself to some unsweetened grapefruit juice 45 mins before; but please, drink responsibly ; ) Capsules are also easy on the stomach. Personally though, I've had up to 1400mg/1 hour of dex-syrup without throwing up, or any memory of what happened so I guess that carries little weight.

Tonight I did DXM for the first time in a few months. 30 cough gels in an empty stomach. Everything felt fine, than an hour later I puked up pink stuff.. was fine after that. I guess it just depends on your nausea tolerance.