• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dxm trip

Doglovergirl

Greenlighter
I am planning to get high on delsym Dextromethorphan . I've been to first plateau a few times and I want to try second plateau.i am not mixing dxm with any other drug . I know the basic info about dxm.My dad sleeps kinda late and usually around 12-2 am. I definitely don't want to get caught . What time should I take dxm? I know it takes awhile to kick in. When it does kick in,will I feel first plateau after an hour or so and then second plateau after another hour ? How does that work ? Btw I am taking 400 mg. also , how long will the second plateau last? I know I will feel something for a day or two, but will the second plateau end after 8 hours and then I will feel first plateau for the rest of the duration ? My dad will wake up around 10-11 am. Will I be safe to take this without getting caught ?

DXM is a tricky and fickle substance... DXM from Delsym is DXM Polystirex, meaning it's extended release, so it naturally takes longer to kick in as oppose to DXM in, say, cough gels. 400mg of dxm poly is definitely enough to get you to the second plateau, possibly even light third, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it.

If you take all 400mg at once, I suggest taking it on a moderately - completely empty stomach, that way it absorbs fastest. This may cause nausea and some vomiting, but unfortunately it's incredible difficult to get around that with DXM. If you're unsure about dosages, look up a DXM dosage calculator. That could be extremely helpful.

When you take the DXM, it will take 1 to 2 hours to kick in, and once it does, you won't go from first plateau to second plateau like you said, you'll just steadily dive into your second plateau over the course of about ten to twenty minutes from when you first start to notice effects. These effects are similar to being drunk and/or stoned. Very spacey. You also can get some pretty cool closed eye visuals (CEV).

It usually lasts around 8 hours, but since you're taking dxm poly, it could be up to 12 hours. After that, some people get a mild hungover effect, although that's never been the case with me. I'd call it more of an afterglow. But I usually only get that if I take enough to get me to the third or fourth.

During the afterglow the next day, I've always been able to talk with people normally without arousing suspicion of whether I'm high or not. You should be fine. Depending on how high you are during your dose will determine if you could function around other people, but I'd try to stay away from that. Just sit back, listen to your favorite music, and watch the light show.

BTW, if you ever take DXM from any other medicine make sure it ONLY has DXM in it. NOTHING else! You could end up severely damaging your liver from acetaminophen overdose, or beat your heart to death. But anything with DXM alone is fine. Good luck and be safe!