View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM syrup works 1/2 as good after years of use

Wickedelic

Bluelighter
Gels and powder still work the same. I wonder if adding PEG would kick it up a notch. For the record DXM was my drug of choice for many years and I've probably done 1-2 pounds worth over the years. Anyone else experience this or have an idea of why this happens?

lol 1-2 pounds? hardcore

They say ~50 trips and you're shit out of luck, permanent tolerance. No idea if there's any merit to that though, I haven't gotten that far myself, this sounds more like an absorption issue if you say gels and powders still work the same. Was it extended release?

nmda tolerance is long lasting.
Ive experienced a significance decrease in effects when using too frequently and im not surprised you have too

Dude that's a lot of DXM, damn. I'm surprised you're still getting effects at all haha.

Im trying to do dxm around only 1-2 times per year for this reason.

The few times ive done it frequently i def felt a big dropoff in the magical effects.
It quickly becomes just a sad state of druggyness.

Its def not like ket that can be used alot and still have some potential for deep spirutual experiences.

But boy does dxm shine when used in moderation.

Obviously this is just tolerance, honestly I kind of doubt that gels and powders do work the same and that just just have no tolerance to these, although I can believe maybe they work better still. This being the case, the tolerance you're experiencing probably has a significant absorption rate component which affects the biomechanics of the overall experience - thus leading you to experience a subjectively greater tolerance from syrup rather than other forms.

But, yeah - this is tolerance - there is no other explanation. Please do your best not to use DXM so often, I'm sure you already know it's not good for you. I'm not sure what PEG refers to but I would strongly advise against chasing a more powerful experience to a drug you are probably heavily tolerant to by adding another drug to the mix. Brain studies of habitual dissociative users typically show far more pronounced changes, even damage, when other substances are involved (stimulants especially, IIRC, but not exclusively).

Source please because from what I understand it does not cause the same issues with lesions that other disassociatives do
Don't know I used to buy the bottles when I was younger. Fucked me up bad! But then I abused the shit out of it.

This stuff completely ruins your brain.
My brain feels just fine dude.

I'm not sure what PEG refers to but I would strongly advise against chasing a more powerful experience to a drug you are probably heavily tolerant to by adding another drug to the mix.
PEG is Polyethelyne Glycol. Its the stuff in cough gels that increases DXM's bio-availability. You can buy it over the counter as MiraLax.

Been neglecting my DXM game with this Amanita stuff going on. I probably should alternate them so the energies can crosspolinate.

Do you still get proper dissociative psychedelia? Or is it more of a general stone with tolerance? I'm just curious. That's like the most DXM I've heard reported being used over a period of time with the user still lucid enough to seem "'with it"

Its not quite as trippy and euphoric as it was initially but it definately still works pretty good. I stopped using it heavily a few years ago though. Nowadays it seems like I have to fast for 24+ hours for it to work well. I try to eat stuff like yogurt the day before but it doesn't necessarily mean I won't just waste the DXM when I take it. Then again, I tend to eat a bit more than I should so maybe its just undigested food. The awesome afterglows are long gone. Now its just more of a lightly dissociated yawny state. I need to get some memantine or something.