View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives dxm saved my life what the fuck

attention_horror_621

Bluelighter
for the last feww monthz ive been spiraling hard ive been isolating myself mixing like 2-4 drugs every night at least getting heavily drunk every night ive been suicidal and unbelieveably dysphoric and i felt like i was going fucking crazy and i had practically accepted i was just slowly killing myself but as a surprise to everyone MORE drugs WERE the answer lmao (I WAS RIGHT SELF MEDICATION WAS THE KEY ALL ALONG FUCK EVERY1 WHO DOUBTED ME) its almost frusturatibg ive been 2 therapist after therapist ive been thru addiction after addiction ive tried actual script meds ive tried hobbies ive tried everything but i had a couple eye opening FUCKING COUGH SYRUP trips lmao what the fuck and ive been more social ive been reconnecting with old friends i got my best friend back ive been enjoying old hobbies my dysphoria is so much more bearable and my depression and anxiety have been sm more bearable its fucking AWESOME. i do like 30-90mg dxm freebase every day with a higher trip here and there and i smoke weed but thats it which ik isnt great for me but its gotta b better than binge drinking and doing drug cocktails every fucking night. shit is going fucking great i havent had a drop of alchohol or anything other than weed and dxm in like 2 weeks (and my prescrip meds). crazy shit. ik 30-90mg isnt a lot but i have an eating disordddrr so im like 102 pounds and im like insanely sensitive to all substances but yeah, doin great. what the fuck.

this is probs rambly,, im on 90 mg and weed,, but yeah i <3 dxm.

i had just like accepted i was gonna be found blue one of these coming days but i feel fuckin GOOD dude i, like, at least relatively, feel a desire to not disembowle myself. yeah. hell yeah.

>me laying on the floor at 8am hallucinating shitting myself in the 3rd person "i should fix my entire life"

edit: also i bought a really badasss switch blade so thats a HUGE qol improvment

Dxm is one of my favorite drugs for sure, but i usually only do 3rd platue trips whenever i use it.
Its not available otc in my country so i rarely have access to it.
I used to be able to get pure dxm crystals from dn markets though.

Tolerance builds fast though so i wouldnt recomend daily use for long.

Maybe when you are more stable you could cut it down to once or twice per month?

Because once tolerance hits its almost impossible to get rid of it.

I relate with what you're saying, somewhat - albeit I don't think this is a good thing (what you're expressing, that is).

I have been in a long pattern of struggling with one drug or another, until I find one that seems to 'show me the light' and 'make me able to get my shit together' etc etc.

The reality is, cycling through different drugs can be fun, and sometimes they even show you valuable insights - but I've had to take an entirely different approach to get my shit together, in any authentic sense.

The thing with unhealthy drug use/abuse/addiction is I've always tried to 'stop the drugs.'

What works for me far better, is slowly adding in healthy things to my day.

For example, a few weeks ago, I committed myself to one month of daily practice of the Five Tibetan Rites. Simple, only ten minutes a day, but it makes me feel calm, centered, proud of sticking to a commitment (that is healthy), and the simple implementation of routine itself does wonders for self confidence.

But, I don't generally get involved in other peoples' issues like this. There are far too many factors, and most ignore the absolute basics like eating well, drinking clean spring water, exercising (resistance straining, cardio, and yoga/stretching are all equally important) so I figure I'll just keep paying attention to the log in my own eye before judging the speck in another's.

Best of luck to you.

One last note - DXM is more or less the crappiest dissociative. I enjoyed the hell out of it (at great cost to my organs I'm sure) but ketamine, 3-meo-PCP, 3-meo-PCE, 3-HO-PCP/3-HO-PCE are just sooooooo much better. Cleaner, more fun, just...better. Get ahold of those if you can and leave the nasty tussin behind.

I've also found DXM is particularly prone to permanent tolerance, more so than other dissociative. I can still enjoy K and PCP analogues with low doses and great effects, but DXM does shit all for me anymore.

Of course if you really wanna change your perspective and heal some shit, I'd recommend a deep dive into learning about Iboga and Amanita muscaria.

Fuck, one last thing, look into some simple extraction teks for DXM. Maybe some lemon, maybe a double boiler, maybe some sodium hydroxide and naptha - really nothing hard to acquire. There are some very easy to follow online teks to extract pure DXM from tussin. I'd recommend it. And of course look into the legendary DXM FAQ if you haven't already.

Am I the only one that thinks dxm is one of if not the absolute worst drug on this planet?

I did it a bunch of times as a teenager and it just.. Fuck it sucks. The high/trip is OK but the side effects and come downs are terrible. I would always feel retarded for days, not able to remember basic words. I noticed eating post trip sucks too, only time I've ever spat out a big mac.

I put it in the same category as huffing glue, tbh.

Am I the only one that thinks dxm is one of if not the absolute worst drug on this planet?

I did it a bunch of times as a teenager and it just.. Fuck it sucks. The high/trip is OK but the side effects and come downs are terrible. I would always feel retarded for days, not able to remember basic words. I noticed eating post trip sucks too, only time I've ever spat out a big mac.

I don't think it's the worst. It's a useful tool and was great for getting ready for 1st time psychedelic trips but of course it's a dissociative. I do agree with the nasty come down it fucking sucks. One time I tripped hard off the dxm gel caps and decided I wanted to go higher so I took a fat dose of some syrup that happened to be extended release..that fucking sucked wondering when I would be at total baseline and felt like syrup was seeping out of all pores on my body quite nasty and then I gave in and took a good amount of hydrocodone to feel better.

When I trip dxm it's as if I always need an opie on deck for comedown. Then again, I can say I keep opies on deck for just about everything now a days....

My DXM experiences in my later 20's completely changed me.
I was able to rid myself of a lot of jealousy, anger, hatred, etc... through the use of this drug.

Under the acute effects of it, you really can feel like every single atom on the planet/universe is all intricately connected some how & that we are all "in this together" so to speak.

Helped me get passed a lot of those negative blocking emotions that wouldn't allow me to move forward & forgive people & forgive myself.
I think it's a great drug. But it can turn on your too & now a days it can make me physically sick.

Last edited:

Ymmv of course, i do agree that its quite heavy and dirty.
But nothing beats a 3rd platue with a few refills ime.

Its def a tough trip and one needs to prepare for the side effects etc.
But no other dissio has the level of visuals or oobe experience that a perfectly dosed dxm trip has ime.

I see dxm as the dissio equal of a entheogen, its not just fun and games.
But with the right mindset it can be life changing if not abused.

I think my experience with dxm is partily because i cant get it here.
I can buy super Cheap and high quality ket easy though.
So ket has become a easy high for me when i just wanna chill in from of a cool fantasy or scifi flick.

Whereas the few times ive done dxm it has been a exklusive event so to speak.

I prepare for days before making sure i have nothing to do a few days after.
I buy houndreds of whippets so i can boost the dxm and do whippets on the afterglow and day after etc.

Also i tend to refill and keep it going for a long time, i usually end up doing over a gram in like 12-16hours.
I always sit up the whole night and then just smoke hash and do nitrous the whole day after.
Something i Smoke dmt during or the day after aswell.
Dmt on a robotrip afterglow is def something else.

But i can def understand how some people dont Vibe with it and would rather do ket of its the general dissio effect you want.
But imo dxm is so much more then a dissio.
Its the mix of the nmda and serotonic activity that makes it unique.
There is really nothing that is even close to what dxm brings to the table.

i had the greatest moments of my life after i took my first dxm dose in my life...it was a great changing for my life...first psychedelic drug i ever used.t was on low dosage...around 105-180mg.i remember listening to musics like it was in the heaven angels singing with me.i can't forget those unlikely holy moments of my life i can't find anything similar to it.i've tried ketamine and memantine(in dissociatives) but not even close to that feeling.
unfortunately those effects didn't repeat in the later trips.and my later trips was like a nightmare.so i put the dxm away forever.
-----------
edit: sorry i wrote the dosage mistakenly higher
i guess the reason that trip was never like before is because mdma burnt my serotonin receptors in my brain(maybe).
maybe using some supplements can change the effects of dxm but it has so many intense effects on me that can't be tested easily multiple times to find a suitable supplement for dxm.

Last edited: