View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM [Research]

Rizzen

Bluelighter
We have 25 people that are experienced in use of Psychedelic Drugs. Someone has suggested that we should explore the 3rd and 4th plateaus of DXM trip. SSo we divided into 5 groups of 5 people.

Anyways, as a leader of our group, I have noticed that walmart and few other drug stores/pharmacies are now [well been] selling Mucinex DM (600 mg guaifenesin and 30 mg dextromethorphan HBr extended-release bi-layer tablets).

I know that the use of Guaifenesin in exesive amounts can induce vomiting.

This was between 4 test subjects.

1. Male, 22 y.o., 175 lbs, 5'11". 165 hr/pm
2. Male, 20 y.o., 163 lbs, 5'9". 170 hr/pm
3. Female, 23 y.o.,110, 5'4". 150 hr/pm
4. Female, 22 y.o., 106, 5'6". 155 hr/pm

• Friday - 14 tablets (300 mgs of DMX) 1st plt.
  • Saturday - 20 tablets (600 mgs of DMX) 2nd plt.
  • Sunday - 25 tablets (750 mgs of DMX) 3rd plt.

All test subjects ate small meals in afternoon, all are smokers (cigs), no recent use of any sort of MAOIs, diet drugs like phentermine, fenfluramine (Redux), or phen-fen, non-drowsy antihistamines (allergy medicines) like Allegra, Seldane, or Hisminal. No mental illness or such.... To sum it up all of the test subjects were in a healthy shape.

Environment: few dim lights, music of their choice....

Trips were pretty interesting (I'll post on what they saw later), it was well sync'ed, hang-over sort of all day high... which was easily removed by sleep, vitamins, food, even alcohol. Although: all subjects induced heavy sweating, with strong and abnormal smell. Room temp was 75 F deg. Body temps were never higher than 98.7. Highest heart rate was seen in subject 3. at 2:15am of 200 hr/pm. But it droped quickly to 160-170 within 5 min. Nobody puked. All Subjects were able to respond to questions, move.

Interesting facts:

on a small dose of dxm ALL subjects were hallucinating with their eyes open. higher dose dxm = CEV's. ?
saturday morn. till afternoon all subjects had VERY small pupils.
monday morn. dialated pupils on subject 2 till 3 ish pm., diff. size pupils were noticed on sub. 4 from around 9am to 11am.

Last edited:
Neat. Trip Reports is where this one is headed. Sorry, this forum is for questions and answers, not a random thread about a "test group" of 4 friends that hang out and do DXM on the weekend. All the information in this thread is very basic, well known effects and side-effects of DXM use. Try again.

Interesting.

Today, we were discussing DXM and music. The subjects were told to relax and relisten the songs that they were listening while tripping. Everyone was sober, and they all said that they felt strange wibe and europhic effects while listening to the same songs. After 30 min. everyone had high heart rate and pretty dialated pupils.

Last edited:
I did my research on dxm last night & the other friday and thursday night lmfao

Rizzen - I get the same response too. I love music while on DXM and it always has an effect on me afterwards if I'm listening to the same music

This is all extremely scientific but this thread will hopefully get closed any minute...

Is there any difference in DXM that is in Robotussin DM Max and Mucinex? Because subjects noted different high between Robo and Mucinex.

i believe they are both hybrominide or w/e. Guess it would be something for ya to check out.

No there is no difference. All forms of DXM in common cough medications are dextromethorphan hydrobromide, except DXM polisterex in Delsym. The best kind of DXM to use is DXM-only products such as Robitussin DM Max, Vick's Cough, Robitussin cough gels, or any other DXM-only product.

The difference the "subjects" (Just say "friends." It just irritates me. You take yourself WAY too seriously.) may have noticed was the addition of guaifenisin in Mucinex, which was stupid to take anyway. Large amounts of guaifenisin can cause increased nausea and/or vomiting.

I have never experienced nausea or vomiting taking even up to 30+ Mucinex DM/60 mg DXM (1800mg), yeah that's right and 1200mg guafinesin (36,000 total). I no longer take this amount and suggest nobody gets even close to that as you will most likely go into a not very fun trance and be unable to think straight or walk for an hour or two. I think 21 pills is the tops, and that's for tripping. I now only take 7-14 per day - usually only 7, as it's expensive. I use it for the following: Relieves or eliminates depression, and social and general anxiety. Gives me extra ENERGY, happiness, better memory (I mean this better memory is awesome), and finally it keeps my weight in check. Take it early in the day or you'll be up all night. Drink like TX of water. You must st eat something, at least 2 meals in a day. My question is, when will the medical field wise up on DXM as it has many benefits? I found out it was the Mucinex DM helping with depression and happiness when I stopped take my it for a couple of weeks. My 300mg of lamotrigine and 30mg of citalopram wasn't doing jack sh*t. Oh, I forgot that it helps loosen phlegm and stop cough.