• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM related

agsilent18

Greenlighter
OK, so my friend has tried Delsym Syrup, the CVS equivalent of it, CVS Tussin gel caps, and CVS Tussin syrup. Delsym was a good trip, The cvs equivalent of it was ok but weaker. Tussin gel caps were good but too many pills to swallow. and the Tussin syrup caused him to throw up. I was wondering if mixing syrup with something like juice or soda would reduce the potency of the DXM. or an easier on the stomach way of taking DXM. Would an empty stomach be better or worse.

If the Delsym works, I'm not sure what the issue is, although I'm not sure how the time-release aspect of it effects things.

Honestly, not much of anything I'm aware of is going to make drinking cough syrups less gross, adding more liquid like juice just sounds gross. Empty stomach likely leads to a quicker onset, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I only partook in DXM once, in a terrible choice of setting, I was basically floating in a god who was essentially letting me know that it exists and that it is the end all, be all, why did you drink this in a full stadium for watching football? Friends had to make excuses for my lack of response to anything said to me, and ultimately had to help walk me outta there, telling people I was drunk. It had to be pretty obvious I wasn't drunk, at least not solely. Horrible night, but I don't believe it would have been for me even in a more comfortable place.

Who knows, your friend isn't here?

You can order pure DXM powder online, otherwise you gotta man up ad drank it; man up and stop experimenting with "Tussin" Yhose products also contain Guafinesin, which is great for congestion, and apperantly helps with conception, though when abused , well your just gonna puke or be miserable

At least find pure DXM products, Delsyn is pure I think, though time released , but hey, why not?

Abd yes an empty stomach gives DXM a faster onset - Seriously don't experiment with OTC Combo products, some contain Antihistamines, with nasty anticholinergic effects- so uh, trip carefully?

I have a lot of dxm use in my life. I can also recommend pure powder, and as it is legal is not too much a concern to buy online.

Ginger helps as its a 5-ht3 antagonist (the primary way the body regulates nausea). Note you must eat it or the extract directly as the desirable compounds are not water soluble (can't make a tea).

Even better is ondansetron (brand name Zofran), the drug given to chemotherapy patients. It's an absurdly strong 5-ht3 antagonist but is prescription only in the USA. Used to cost a two or three hundred a pill for people but I used to order some overseas for well under a dollar each. And if you do some searching the two (with a particularly high dose of ondansetron) cause some really nice and awesome effects combined with dxm. Positive effects! And also removes most if not all the nausea and vomiting. But don't take too much if you're getting drunk off your ass on alcohol, it can prevent vomiting and cause alcohol poisoning.

Oh. And if wishing to use deslym or similar brand (containing dxm polistirex, not dxm HBr), there are easy methods to extract the dxm polistirex using only water posted online. Just search them out. Takes a couple hours but removes a lot of syrup to drink. It only works for the time release / polistirex brands. It definitely lowered my nausea in the couple dozen times I used the time release. I recommend HBr over polistirex any day, though. But it's harder to find in stores now.

Ginger helps as its a 5-ht3 antagonist (the primary way the body regulates nausea). Note you must eat it or the extract directly as the desirable compounds are not water soluble (can't make a tea).

Is that true?? I always have ginger tea before DXM and it does the exact same as if i were to take it raw.

try and find stronger pills, i think 30mg is pretty common but theres some brands that contain 60 im not sure if there are any stronger