Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM Question

Ketamania

Bluelight Crew
Greetings!

Okay, so I have done DXM once before. Robitussin syrup - 380mg I believe, but it also had doxylamine succinate as well. Needless to say, I basically passed out for the majority of the trip (and was sleepy most of the next day).

I am having a lot of trouble finding a DXM only product. The only thing I have been able to find are the Robitussin 15mg gel caps. I guess those will be fine, but I do not like how they sit on my stomach at 20+ caps.

Is there a better product (or syrup), with only DXM I am not seeing? (I know not to take anything with dangerous foreign ingredient a such as acetaminophen/guaf)

Or perhaps a cold water extraction method for the gel caps?

I do not think you can perform a CWE on gel caps (or so I’ve heard), I’d reccomend a CWE on a syrup. Please do not take more of the Robitussin you had, doxylaminate succinate is an antihistamine and those are terrible for your body, that would explain the passing out.
If you can tolerate it, the easiest are gelcaps, try eating a few crackers beforehand on an otherwise empty stomach and downing them with something such as orange juice if you just don’t like the feel ;)

Greetings!

Okay, so I have done DXM once before. Robitussin syrup - 380mg I believe, but it also had doxylamine succinate as well. Needless to say, I basically passed out for the majority of the trip (and was sleepy most of the next day).

I am having a lot of trouble finding a DXM only product. The only thing I have been able to find are the Robitussin 15mg gel caps. I guess those will be fine, but I do not like how they sit on my stomach at 20+ caps.

Is there a better product (or syrup), with only DXM I am not seeing? (I know not to take anything with dangerous foreign ingredient a such as acetaminophen/guaf)

Or perhaps a cold water extraction method for the gel caps?

Don't robo-trip. You're actually quite lucky you slept through your last one. It is not worth it.

Gel caps give the best effect in my experience theres less other junk than in the bottle i think.

I do not think you can perform a CWE on gel caps (or so I’ve heard), I’d reccomend a CWE on a syrup. Please do not take more of the Robitussin you had, doxylaminate succinate is an antihistamine and those are terrible for your body, that would explain the passing out.
If you can tolerate it, the easiest are gelcaps, try eating a few crackers beforehand on an otherwise empty stomach and downing them with something such as orange juice if you just don’t like the feel ;)

Thanks, I am going to try just gelcaps next time. Poke some holes in them to help ease/speed digestion.

There seems to be a debate on whether or not DXM's effects are effected by food, but I'm sure a little orange juice would not hurt.

Last edited:
Poking holes in it does nothing but prove to be really tedious from what I've heard and tried, and the effects are messed up by food but a glass of OJ and some crackers never hurts ;) your stomach will thank you.

As far as what queenscarlet88 said, that's an opinion at the most. DXM can be a very fun and useful experience!!

Poking holes in it does nothing but prove to be really tedious from what I've heard and tried, and the effects are messed up by food but a glass of OJ and some crackers never hurts ;) your stomach will thank you.

As far as what queenscarlet88 said, that's an opinion at the most. DXM can be a very fun and useful experience!!

Thanks for the advice!

I fasted for 5 hrs, and then took 600mg of plain DXM pills (no other active ingredients). I had a piece of bread and OJ beforehand.

I have taken 350mg, and 450mg before but this time I want to reach the third plateau.

Believe it or not, I was able to find solely DXM containing pills. Plus - they were tiny!!! That was a defineite plus, I would hate to take numerous large pills.

Thanks for the advice!

I fasted for 5 hrs, and then took 600mg of plain DXM pills (no other active ingredients). I had a piece of bread and OJ beforehand.

I have taken 350mg, and 450mg before but this time I want to reach the third plateau.

Believe it or not, I was able to find solely DXM containing pills. Plus - they were tiny!!! That was a defineite plus, I would hate to take numerous large pills.

Hope you enjoyed it, let us know how it went!! :) Glad to help

Alright, here's the update: (5'11" 165pds)

Fasted about 5hrs. and then took 600mg of DXM. As previously mentioned, they were small so it was easy to take 3 or 4 at a time. Pills were taken with bread and a tall glass of OJ. I also poked a hole in each pill to see if it made any difference.

After taking them I went and played some video games and listened to music. I started to feel the effects in about 45min.

After about 1hr and 30min. I was in the second plateau. Got that 'floating' feeling, music was enhanced, and felt generally blissful.

At the 2hr and 30min. mark I entered the third plateau. Needless to say, I felt so relaxed and 'sedated' that it was impossible to continue playing my game. With eyes dilated, I resorted to just laying on my bed listening to music. With my eyes open everything would move (double), and I could not get it to stop moving. So then I closed my eyes, and everything just spun. Occasionally I would get up and just walk around a bit. Walking felt effortless (other than trying not to fall over), clearly a dissociated feeling. At one point I just laid flat on the floor and stared at my surroundings deeply thinking. Definitely a euphoric state.

I noticed that taking the pills instead of per-say "vicks 44 formula syrup", I was MUCH LESS nauseated. The effects did take much longer to kick in however.

Sooner or later I woke up in the morning. DXM gives me a long (12hrs) afterglow period. I can function and walk, but I still feel calm and slightly sedated.

I plan to continue experimenting with DXM (maybe 900mg dose next time to enhance visual effects and truly enter a psychedelic state). However, I am going to space out my trips a month in between to not develop resistance or 'possible brain damage?'.

Funny story: Went to the kitchen to get some cereal the next morning. Keep in mind, DXM keeps me in a slow/calm/sedated state of being for at least 12hrs. Okay, so as I'm eating my mother walks in. I'm trying not to seem suspicious by being too quiet so I say good morning to her. She gets some water from the fridge. Now, the kitchen in right next to her office and she has been using my printer because hers is broken.

I could have sworn that I heard her printer 'printing' so I said "So your printer is working now?". She looks at me and says "What?", clearly confused. I said "Aren't you printing something?". She said no, and asked "you just woke up didn't you." (at this point I'm like 'oh my gosh. way to go trying to be casual while coming down from DXM'). I half laughed and said "yeah I just woke up". After that seriously awkward conversation I just sat there slowly chewing my small portion of plain cheerios. Turns out the 'printer' I was hearing was the ice machine making ice. lmao.

Overall, it was a good safe and fun trip. :D