View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM not working?

Another_Dimension2

Greenlighter
So guys he drank some robitussin It was 4 fluid ounces (118 ml) 20mg of DXM for every 10ml. He ate a little bit around 6:45 and drank it around 9:10 and basically 3 hours later... He couldnt feel hardly anything. He thought it was working at first and he was hopefully. He feels the same as he would if he drank 3-4 shots but hes been like this since 10 so he feels like this was the peak and that's as far as he's going to go. But he was really shooting for 3rd platoue. Sorry he can't spell it. Any reasons because honestly he's confused

Possibly need a higher dose. When i used to robo trip we'd take a whole box. 16 pills at 30mg ends up being 480 mg. 20 for every 10 gives you around 240mg with 118ml if my math is right. Once you hit a good plateau, your gonna need more to reach that same level next time. Thats why i stopped. I cant even count how many pills ive taken in the 10 years ive been using.

Calculate the dose by mg per kg.

Here's a link to a dxm dosage calculator:
http://dxm.darkridge.com/calc.html

Wait at least an hour between redosing if your dose is already suffienciently high, dxm can take a while to kick in. If you have a history of dxm use, tolerance is probably a factor too.

I personally need 400-600mg to hit a real ++ trip space, 750ish for a 3rd plat. I weigh between 145-180lbs. depending on which drugs i've been abusing. Anything under that just feels like i took too much medicine, which sucks.

That was only about 250mg. Putting a 150 pound person at the low 2nd plateau.

Third plateau for a 150 pound person is 500mg.
But third plateau for a 120 pound person is 400mg.

So, it all depends on your weight. This is a newer DXM dose calculator. http://dexcalc.com/

Also, make sure you're using a Robitussin with only DXM. These boxes should be blue labels.
You can use Robitussin with DXM and Guaifenesin, the only side effect of it would be that you might puke.
The lowest amount of Guaifenesin can be found in Robitussin Cough+Chest Congestion DM.

Or you can use Delsym Adult 12 Hour Cough Relief, with DXM Polistirex, this is different from DXM HBR and contains no Guaifenesin.
To use DXM Polistirex correctly you must double the dose of what you'd use with DXM HBR, but it will take twice as long to hit and last twice as long.
For example: If you take 1000mg of DXM Polistirex it would be like taking only 500mg of DXM HBR, but it would last twice as long.
Also, Robitussin tastes terrible while Delsym has a nice orange taste and is very easy to get down.

Cheers, happy tripping!

I usually don't get a whole lot of dissociatives until I smoke weed. I love binging on them every few for a reset but weed kicks it in hard.