• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc DXM Not Effective?

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
So I recently tried some gel-caps of the DXM pills. I believe it was around 25ish pills (for a 245lb guy, pre-dosing with 16oz Red Grapefruit juice an hour and a half earlier). After 60 minutes or so, I felt the effects come on (sort or like short-term memory almost or snapshot-like vision, but not too terrible). It worked for a time... My impression was that it should last for a while... But 30 minutes later and the effects were drastically reduced, almost as if my brain just found a way to compensate and function mostly normally again... Then another 45 minutes or so later and I couldn't observe any effects whatsoever.

This is similar to most any medicine I take, whether that be opiates or alcohol or weed. The effects, if any, are very short-lived and my brain seems to find a way to compensate quickly to reduce or eliminate any perceived effects. Is this something anyone else has seen or could explain? Perhaps find a way of solving it? Thanks for your help or opinions

Have you ate anything before come-up? Also DXM it's well known for fast tolerance build-up.

DXM doesn't work all the time basically if you take it one day then the next the effects will be greatly diminished. Probably due to its serotonergic effects. I was on fluoxetine when I had it so probably no good and can cause the deadly but rare serotonin syndrome. Off topic but can mirtazapine block DXM?

DXM makes little sense, in terms of consistency, at least to me.

Sometimes it doesn't deliver anything resembling a pleasant experience and sometimes it is unbelievable in how interesting and pleasurable it seems to be.

All of these questions are sort of given...

Of course the pills are 15mg, it's highly unlikely I'd be taking 25 30mg pills on a first dose.

I am not on any other meds other than Lyrica.

You can't build a tolerance for DXM on your first dose within an hour or two. I have not taken it before.

Additionally, even IF I somehow had tolerance, how could it give me the intended effect but quickly fade away? Tolerance would make it so I don't get any result from it whatsoever.