• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction DXM//Mirtazapine

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
Alright so the past two nights I have taken 7.5mg of Mirtazapine. That's it. I'm done, no more.

I want to trip on DXM (300-400mg) for the first time in my life soon.

How long should I wait? Someone who knows about half lives or whatever please chime in. REALLY trying to avoid SS or any other complication that may occur.

Assuming that my last dose was last night at 3am PST, when would it be safe to consume DXM?

I'm trying to do this before the 18th. Is that possible?

Last edited:
I found that mixing mirtazapine with even low dose dxm (like 250mg) caused a horrible hangover like i was basically tripping but in a bad way that lasted 3+ days so it seems the two dont seem to have some sort of interaction because this never happened when i was on mirtazapine. I was on 30mg though

Half life is 20-40 hours, drugs are pretty much completely eliminated after five half lives. So for most people, it'll be almost completely out of your system in 5 days, but it could take up to 8 days for slow metabolizers or if your taking other drugs concurrently that are metabolized by the same CYP450 isozyme.

Okay well considering that it will *almost* be completely out in 5 days, if I then did do it in 5 days, I shouldn't experience any physical discomfort during my trip? Like if I were going to do it in 5 days no matter what.

It just depends on how quickly you metabolize mirtazapine. For a DXM trip, I would probably want to wait longer just to be safe.

If you only took it for 2 days at a low dose like 7.5mg (which the serotogenic activity is minimal at that dose) 5 days should be plenty. Maybe even 4 days tbh.

If you only took it for 2 days at a low dose like 7.5mg (which the serotogenic activity is minimal at that dose) 5 days should be plenty. Maybe even 4 days tbh.

It just depends on how quickly you metabolize mirtazapine. For a DXM trip, I would probably want to wait longer just to be safe.

Ahh... a conflict of opinions. Both logical, one enabling. I wonder which one I'll choose lol

[/COLOR]Ahh... a conflict of opinions. Both logical, one enabling. I wonder which one I'll choose lol

No I actually agree with ovo--it would probably be fine. Longer is just safer and reduces your chance of having an unpleasant or potentially dangerous time. Patience, my friend.

Oh okay I got you. Was more a self inside joke regarding my impulsive behavior, but I see, I see. I will almost indefinitely end up doing it on the 5th day.