Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM - Low dose DXM first time

GalaxyNinja66

Bluelighter
I did a low dose of DXM a while back and figured I'd post my findings.
~250-300mg DXM

At the time I didn't realize that 300mg wasn't enough, or I would have taken way more, but bare with me as this is still a tale of Mild buzz and intense Robo-itch!

T(0:00:00) Downed an old bottle of cough syrup (assumed it was old, it was DXM only, nothing else but flavoring added with it). Excited.
T(0:20:00) Feeling something, body feels oddly, wavy, hard to describe. Odd itch on my head, annoying actually.
T(0:35:00) Feeling really good about myself. Not euphoria, just elevated mood in general. Wavy feel is nice, warm... makes me wanna lay down... My neck itches now...
T(1:00:00) Still very happy, noticing that the itch it more intense and spreading down my body slowly... itch itch itch! staying still helps though, playing Bio shock
T(1:30:00) Parents calling me, try to get up but find that I am wobbly. they don't notice. I go out and set up the train that rides around the tree... I feel amazing. Itchy still, but at the same time...
T(2:00:00) HOLY CRAP ITCH! My inner thigh is raw! it's so bad! why why whyyy!8:)p
T(6:30:00) Nothing much else happened, the Robo-itch kind of fucked up the good vibes I was having. I ate dinner, stumbled around a lot, had some laughs and watched TV (which was awesome, our couches were SOOO comfy)

All in all very fun with pretty nice dissacociaive effects, but if you end up getting robo-itch just pop a couple Benadryl's, they should help.

A dosage chart won't hurt to throw in here, I just looked it up and figured it could help:
Oral DXM Dosages
Thresholdunknown
Light100 - 200 mg
Common200 - 400 mg
Strong300 - 600 mg
Heavy600 - 1500 mg
Risk of Death2,500 - 20,000 mg
https://erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_dose.shtml

I've heard of someone who took upwards of 1 gram, and loved it. Sounds pricey though.
If you're looking for DXM only gel-caps, google Dex-Alone. a box of 30 is cheap and each cap has 30mg DXM! (they come in boxes of 10 too)=D

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_bodyload
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
robo-itch? i've never experienced this. curious as to what that sensation is.

also what is your body weight? for my second time i did 330mg and that was a hell of a time. im only 120 lbs

robo-itch? i've never experienced this. curious as to what that sensation is.

also what is your body weight? for my second time i did 330mg and that was a hell of a time. im only 120 lbs
140lb, Robo-Itch is horrible, you re very lucky.

Yeah DXM is amazing. Want a trick for the itch? Try taking a normal dose of an antihistamine, like diphenhydramine (Benadryl) before or during the trip. Works out great for me. :)

I've tripped on DXM quite often, lost count of how many times and the highest dose I've taken was 1,200mg also with smoking a few bowls and it was an insane trip. Different patterns on walls, floors, and other flat objects, intense euphoria, increased emotions, and much more thats extremely hard to put into words. I recommend always doing DXM with some good bud because they pair together really well. It more the doubles the effects of the DXM alone and the trip moves along a lot smoother. Helps with the itchiness too. :)

450 mg is the perfect dose for me..I feel great everytime iv done that..take a .2 dab when I'm starting to come down and it like triples the dxm effect